Maze of the Tenth
Maze of the Tenth is a Tier 2 dungeon in the snow biome. The entrance to the maze is at the back of the Frosted Ruin, which can be entered from the south. The dungeon itself is comprised of a long staircase leading down into a large circular maze.
|Number of Chests:||7|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 2|
|Zombie Content:||High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Parkour Content:||Very Low|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘|
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Loot Room
- 7 dungeon_tier_2
|Lone Sword||Gives Regeneration 1 for 10 seconds when right clicked, restoring 2 hearts to the user at the cost of 10 durability. Has a 60 second cooldown.|
Frosted Ruins (2/10)
- Before you enter the dungeon you must climb to the back of Frosted Ruin.
- You will have to make some parkour jumps across a stream of ice. If you fall in, you must run back down a considerable distance.
- If you have a Weak Grapple, you can run up the ice stream and grapple to the entrance.
The Staircase (5/10)
- You now must run down twenty-three flights of stairs in a counterclockwise circle. They are covered in Zombie spawners, and sometimes Zombie Pigman spawners as well.
- Pigman spawners are always marked by wither skeleton skulls, but you must also be aware of the danger of mobs falling on top of you from above.
- The stairs are blocked by debris at some points. You will have to cross the first and the last roots that you see branching across the room. Don't attempt to cross any of the others as they are covered in pigman spawners.
- Towards the bottom, there are multiple spots where you must sidle across a narrow ledge to bypass lesser debris. Zombies can spawn in front of you here, and if you're not careful they will knock you to the bottom of the maze as you pass, killing you instantly. Using a snowball is recommended.
- Find the button near the dried-up fountain at the bottom. Press it to be teleported randomly to one of ten maze starting points.
The Maze/Loot Room (3/10)
- Follow this map and try to get to these coordinates: -20, 33, 92.
- The general idea is that the maze exit is on the south side, and there is an impassable wall running parallel to south-southwest. You will have to run clockwise around the entire maze to bypass it if you spawn on the west side; To do so, you must go all the way north.
- Watch out for Zombie Pigmen because there are spawners scattered throughout the southern hallways of the maze.
- Once you find the end, walk down the hallway to the south. The pressure plate will open the loot room.
- Loot your 7 dungeon_tier_2 chests and pick up your legendary. Three of the chests are in the branches.
- The back exit of the loot room will spit you out on the north side of the adjacent mountain, at the Flooded Ruin.
- Congratulations, you've beaten Maze of the Tenth!
- This is the southmost location where Zombie Pigmen can spawn. The 2017 halloween dungeon at Heartless Mansion had Pigmen, but is currently closed.
- Be sure to bring high amounts of food - the climb up the mountain to reach the entrance along with completing the dungeon itself will deplete your hunger quickly.
- The maze itself contains many Zombies and Zombie Pigmen in addition to the spawners lining the spiral staircase leading into the maze. Tread with caution, and don't stay too long in any specific area.
- Spawners are often marked by skeleton skulls - white for zombies, black for pigmen.
- If you need to AFK while you're in the maze, simply find a spot where you can parkour to the wall. Many zombies will spawn while you sit there, but none of them should be able to attack you.
- The path to the maze features a long stairway circling an empty chamber down to the floor with large branches crossing the gaps. Be careful as Zombies may push you to your doom!
- This dungeon sees higher player traffic as the legendary item found here has many uses. Bandits come here before going to Crowmure and Dungeoneers come here before going to Body Offload or Paluster Shrine.
- You can log out in the loot room (or otherwise) to return to Frosted Ruin if you don't want to leave through Flooded Ruin.
- This dungeon used to be on top of the mountain northeast of Evergreen Manor (which used to be taller).
- There was once a fake exit at -96, 33, -4. You'd press the button, the wall with the broken stone bricks would disappear, and you could enter a room with some skeleton skulls, full cauldrons and a single iron door. If you stood on the pressure plate in front of the iron door, it would open it, revealing a dead end trap with a sign reading "Get Rekt".
- A small room located at 94, 33, -33 contains three graves, referring to the three builders that built this dungeon (Anskar, demon_peanut and Gallihad).
- The entrance down into the dungeon is likely based off of the Quinta da Regaleira Palace's Initiation Wells, which were used for ceremonial purposes.