From Shotbow Wiki
Abandoned Mineshaft is an easy dungeon found in the Coalstruck Hills north-west of Portsmouth. This is a good place to collect military supplies a tier above what coastal towns offer without straying too far from the shore, or venture deeper and explore The Undermines - a hidden moderate difficulty dungeon found within this dungeon.
|Number of Chests:||11|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Legendary Items
- 3 Loot Chests
- 4 Text Walkthrough
- 5 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
|Dynamite Charge||Explodes 3 seconds after thrown, deals 3 hearts of damage.|
- Bonus Rooms
- 1 mil_uncommon
- 1 food_common
- 2 abandoned_mineshaft
- 1 tool_common
- Loot Room:
- 6 abandoned_mineshaft
Entrance / First Detonator (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Enter the dungeon through the cavern opening in the hills.
- Once inside stand atop the red carpet and piston "detonator" to light the redstone "fuse line" and ignite TNT that clears the path.
- Note: TNT cannot damage you
- Continue forward, crossing a rickety bridge and rounding the corner to fight zombies and/or Undead Miners.
Second Detonator (Difficulty: 1/10)
- The fuse line is connected to TNT, but it's covered by a moveable crate.
- Push the crate by standing against it to move it off of the fuse line, then stand on the detonator to light the TNT and clear the way.
- Note: Crate movement is restricted to the path made of gray concrete powder in the floor.
Box Puzzle 1 (Difficulty: 2/10)
- A larger cavernous room contains a two crates in a gap in the wall and a steep cliff.
- Push the crates towards the ledge to create a staircase and climb up to continue.
Third Detonator (Difficulty: 1/10)
- The detonator sits ready to be used, but has no TNT
- Go beyond the barrier with the "NO ACCESS, NOT SAFE!" sign and around the corner to collect an "Explosive Charge".
- Place the charge and press the detonator to progress.
Box Puzzle 2 (Difficulty: 2/10)
- A large room contains a several boxes, two detonators, and a 2x2 TNT on a ledge.
- There are 3 major sections to this puzzle, clearing the fuse line for the 2x2 TNT, opening the cavern to reach the TNT, and moving the TNT to be ignited.
- Push the crates off of the fuse line
- Move a crate on the right to reveal a small cavern with another explosive charge. Use the charge to open the cavern covered by the smaller granite boulder.
- Push the 2x2 TNT down, move other crates out of the way and place the 2x2 TNT in front of the larger granite boulder.
- Step on the detonator and head for the loot room.
Loot Room & Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Walk through the last tunnel past a skylight to reach the loot room.
- Congratulations on beating Abandoned Mineshaft! Collect your Dynamite Charge and loot before leaving.
- There is a pile of crafting tables in the loot room.
- If in need of any essential items head to the nearby Portsmouth.
- It is recommended to bring a smite sword to deal with the higher-health Undead Miners that get in the way.
- Before it was rebuilt the oldest version of this dungeon was located near Sirus, built in the style of a vanilla Minecraft abandoned mineshaft. Its full name was Conagher's Abandoned Mineshaft, and it gave the now removed Helmet of Vision.
- A video of the this version of the dungeon can be found here.
- This dungeon was rebuilt in 2021, but was rebuilt once more with the release of The Road Less Traveled.
- The Undermines, a hidden moderate dungeon, can be found within Abandoned Mineshaft.
- Once obtaining the first explosive charge, head backwards through the dungeon to near the beginning, find a hidden room awaiting an explosive charge, and enter the secret dungeon.