Abandoned Mineshaft is a beginner-friendly Tier 1 dungeon. Its entrance is built into the south-west side of the mountain found north-east of Portsmouth. This location is a good place to collect military supplies a tier above what coastal towns offer without straying too far from the shore.
|Number of Chests:||5|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 1|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Loot Room:
- 6 dungeon_tier_1
Entrance / First Detonator (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Enter the dungeon through the cavern in the mountainside, taking the tunnel to the right.
- Once inside the dungeon stand atop the red carpet "detonator" ahead and to the left to ignite TNT that clears the path ahead.
- Continue walking forward and make the jumps across the gap up ahead.
Second Detonator (Difficulty: 1/10)
- After walking for a while, there will be another tunnel blocked by gravel.
- Follow the redstone "fuse line" away from the TNT to find a passage leading to a cave with another detonator.
- Activate this detonator to clear out the gravel blockage; return to the previous room to proceed.
- This detonator also opens a room next to it with five Undead Miners in it. As fighting them is optional it is easier to ignore them and continue ahead.
Box Shuffling Puzzle (Difficulty: 3/10)
- At the end of the hallways is a large room filled with several crates, including one blocking the way in. Push the crate out of the way by standing next to it and facing towards the direction it needs to be pushed.
- There are two Undead Miners in this room - Kill them and proceed.
- This room is a box shuffling puzzle. A dark oak crate near the entrance of the room emits TNT particles; this "powder keg" must be pushed to the end of the path, requiring other crates to be moved out of the way.
- Crate's movement is restricted to the path made of light gray concrete powder in the floor.
- If struggling to figure out this puzzle, focus on getting the path cleared before moving the powder keg; clearing the way for this box is easier than shuffling all the boxes around with it in the way.
- Once the powder keg is against the gravel blockage the nearby black detonator will turn red to indicate it is active. Press it to open the path forward.
Loot Room & Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Walk through the last tunnel to reach the loot room. Collect the loot before leaving.
- Continuing out of the loot room there's one last detonator. Activating this detonator will lead back outside of the dungeon.
- Congratulations on beating Abandoned Mineshaft!
- There is a pile of crafting tables to the right just before the loot room.
- The nearest water is directly south on the shore.
- If in need of any essential items head to the nearby Portsmouth.
- It is recommended to bring a smite sword from the north to deal with the higher-health Undead Miners that can get in the way.
- Before it was rebuilt and moved, another version of this dungeon was located near Sirus. It was also a mini-dungeon, but built in a Minecraft style abandoned mineshaft. Its full name was Conagher's Abandoned Mineshaft. It also had the now removed legendary item Helmet of Vision.
- A video of the dungeon can be found here.