Mount Therum is a dungeon located southeast of Hell Tree. It is composed of small but hard challenges that can be deadly if failed. The dungeon features a long dropdown portion, then a lava launcher piston, a plate dropping section, and finally a boss room that consists of shooting minecarts. It's an overall dated dungeon, with a legendary weapon that is fun, but not useful.
|Number of Chests:||14|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 3|
|Zombie Content:||High - Zombie Spawners|
|Other Requirements:||Bow and Arrows, Junk Items|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Legendary Items
- 4 Video Walkthrough
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 6 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
|Pristine Chain Helmet||9.0%|
|Pristine Chain Chestplate||9.0%|
|Pristine Chain Leggings||9.0%|
|Pristine Chain Boots||9.0%|
(Smite I, Knockback I)
(Smite II, Knockback I)
(Power II, Punch I)
|Potion of Healing II||5.0%|
|Splash Potion of Healing I||5.0%|
- Lava Room
- 2 dungeon_tier_2
- Loot Room
- 12 dungeon_tier_3
|Shotbow||Shoots a volley of 7 arrows at full charge, at the cost of 1 durability and 1 arrow.|
Entrance (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Take your time to drop down on the ledges that give you the least amount of fall damage, heal yourself to full health before taking dangerous falls.
- When in sight, either jump onto the ladder, or land on the ledge.
Launcher Room (Difficulty: 4/10)
- Jump down onto the piston and shoot both wooden buttons, the one on the left and the one on the right side, to launch yourself over to the other side. Try and quickly face the direction you have to leap onto and sprint forward to ensure you land on the platform. Wait on the first few blocks on the other side while the rest of your group crosses, as going further will cause the next room to activate.
Zombie Plates Room (Difficulty: 6/10)
- Zombies and sometimes pigmen constantly rain down the ceiling, you must drop 2 items on the left and right wooden pressure plate in order for a platform to disappear, revealing the path to the next room. Drop down this path.
- There are two stone pressure plates that when stepped on spawn zombie pigmen.
- A water layer saves you from much of the fall damage.
Lava Drop Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Throw an item on the wooden pressure plate in the West, which will open the gate in the North, leading to a pit with lava in. Jump in.
- Press one of the wooden buttons to get teleported. Drop down into the water. Refill your water, if needed.
Cannon Shooting Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- When you press the wooden button, minecarts will be launched towards you. You must press the stone buttons that line up with the incoming minecarts to let them derail by shooting exploding wither skulls. Do this until you get teleported to the Loot Room.
- If you miss a minecart, damage potions will rain down.
- These potions will kill you if they splash you twice.
Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Climb down the ladder and collect your loot.
Exit (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Press the button to be teleported to the exit.
- If you don't want to waste many potions at the entrance dropping area, bring Feather Falling IV boots.
- The cannon shooting room is extremely sensitive to lag. A badly timed lag spike will kill you instantly. Be very careful when attempting this room.
- The old version of Mount Therum wasn't a dungeon; it was a long hallway into the volcano that lead to a wall of lava that you had to jump through in order to get to the loot on the other side. It wasn't worth it and you could easily die there.
- There were also a few signs with references to the book series 'Lord of the Rings'.
- This is the least visited dungeon on the MineZ Map.