Byesford Labs is a dungeon in the style of an abandoned laboratory dungeon under Byesford Castle. It is recommended to bring 5+ people to complete, as many parts require multiple people and zombie spawn rates are very high. It is the hardest non-elite dungeon, and is arguably harder than some of them. The legendary weapons Rocksteady and Overkill can be obtained here.
Byesford Labs is a challenge to even reach, and the lack of food and potion chests close by making this dungeon very difficult to gear up for. The castle has the highest density of zombies on the map, and the labs before the dungeon also have a decent amount of spawners.
The dungeon itself features many wave rooms, and a lot of puzzles that are almost impossible to beat if players are going in blind. A bow and arrows are required for this dungeon, as players will be shooting buttons in various parts. Pigmen populate this dungeon, and can easily kill unprepared players. Snowballs are useful in this dungeon, and grenades are almost essential for the boss room.
After finishing the dungeon, players are rewarded with two legendaries, the Overkill and Rocksteady. The Overkill is one of two legendary diamond swords, while the Rocksteady can be used in the dungeon itself to help tank damage in the final room.
Overall, this dungeon is extremely difficult, and it's highly recommended to have an experienced player who can lead the run. Top tier military gear, such as smite 3 swords and iron armor is recommended for this dungeon.
|Number of Chests:||25|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 4|
|Zombie Content:||Unbelievably High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Puzzle/Trap Content:||Very High|
|Other Requirements:||Bow and Arrows|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Legendary Items
- 4 Rumors
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 5.1 Reception (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.2 Accessing Sector D-6 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 5.3 Subject Examination/Armory (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.4 Nether Examination (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 5.5 Sector D-8 (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.6 Sector D-10 Warehouse (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.7 Subject Examination Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.8 Animal Experimentation (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.9 Sector V-4 Undead Containment (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 5.10 Cafeteria - Horde Room (Difficulty: 10/10)
- 5.11 Corridor (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.12 Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 6 Lore
- 6.1 Lore Blocks
- 6.2 Lore Books
- 6.2.1 Note - Bavel
- 6.2.2 Research Report - Dr. Hudson
- 6.2.3 Document MI-LK13 - Dr. Hudson
- 6.2.4 Document Z-87-C - Dr. Preston
- 6.2.5 Research Report - Dr. Davis
- 6.2.6 Document CC-03 - Mr. Darche
- 6.2.7 Burnt Report - Dr. Kennedy
- 6.2.8 Instruction Book - ???
- 6.2.9 Repair Req No.67 - Management
- 6.2.10 Security Code
- 6.2.11 P-47 Observation - Dr. Tucker
- 7 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Examination Room 1
- 1 dungeon_tier_3
- Sector D-8
- 1 dungeon_tier_3
- Subject Examination
- 1 dungeon_tier_3
- Undead Containment
- 2 dungeon_tier_3
- Animal Experimentation
- 1 dungeon_tier_3
- Loot Room
- 20 dungeon_tier_4
According to GuardenGnome, the original builder of the dungeon, Byesford Labs was a place where scientists were trying to find a cure the zombie plague, but somehow made it worse. The labs were then overrun by outbreaks of zombies and turned into the dungeon of today. This is most likely the place where the zombie pigman was created, due to logs of scientists, the abundance of pig heads, and also a pig testing lab with zombie pigmen and their heads.
Reception (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Have two players stand on the pressure plates at the same time for the door to open.
Accessing Sector D-6 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- After walking through the door go into the room to the right, at the back, there will be two wooden pressure plates on a bookshelf. Throw items onto the left wooden pressure plate.
- Go through the hallway opposite of the entrance and take every left until at a room full of buttons named "Control Room D-4."
- Press the bottom-middle button on the left wall, and the top-left button on the right wall.
- Go back to the main room, and press the buttons on both sides of the locked door at the same to open the way forward.
- There's a water refill cauldron here, with two refills.
Subject Examination/Armory (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Go through the door labeled "Armory" on the left and up the staircase.
- In the Armory, on the opposite side of the entrance, there will be two buttons on both sides of the room. Press them both at the same time to open the set of iron doors.
- Keep moving, as there are many spawners nearby.
- Follow the corridor, sticking to the left the whole time.
Nether Examination (Difficulty: 5/10)
- In this room, locate and shoot all the wooden buttons. Look carefully and make sure to shoot them all, as some may become visible as other buttons are shot. When all buttons have been shot, the redstone torch on top of the bookshelf will light up and a noteblock jingle will be heard.
- Shoot them all quickly, as arrows despawn fast.
- Once the noteblock jingles, get ready to fight a large wave of zombies which will come through the entrance of this room. Kill them.
- Go all the way back to the "Subject Examination" crossroad and go through the door directly across the hallway labeled "Sector D-8."
Sector D-8 (Difficulty: 6/10)
- Press the button to the left of the door when you are ready to fight a wave of zombies. It is recommended to get on top of a shelf, as zombies have a harder time hitting you there.
- Alternatively, you can go into the Examination room, where you can hit zombies from inside.
- After all zombies are dead, the door should open and more zombies will be inside of it. Kill them and make your way to "Sector D-10."
Sector D-10 Warehouse (Difficulty: 8/10)
- There are 4 pressure plates in different paths of this room, all of which must be pressed at the same time to continue.
- The first pressure plate is in the northeast corner, through a window and into a room named "Storage."
- The second and third pressure plate can be found through the southern path in the room marked "Incubation." Enter the code "582", kill the pigmen that spawn from pressing each button (3 total), and wait for the door at the other end to open. Behind each boiler is a pressure plate.
- When leaving, press the button by the door and wait for it to open.
- The fourth plate is located in the east room, up the staircase, and to the left. To access it, put an item in each of the water streams, and wait for the iron doors to open. Go into the kitchen, and stand on the plate in the corner. Do NOT open the chest in the room, as it will spawn many zombies.
- Once all plates are stood on, a noteblock jingle should be heard and the door on the north side of the warehouse should be open. Head through it and down the corridor, exiting back into "Subject Examination."
Subject Examination Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Head through the door on the right, fighting the zombies that have spawned. Split half of the group to go into "Animal Experimentation" and the other half to go into "Sector V-4."
Animal Experimentation (Difficulty: 8/10)
- Go through the room, following the path into a small lab room. In the corner of the room, there will be a plate that opens up Sector V-4. Stand on it for as long as they need, however, be cautious as standing on it will spawn pigmen in the next room, which will funnel through the door in large numbers. Snowballs are highly useful here.
Sector V-4 Undead Containment (Difficulty: 7/10)
- There is an extremely high amount of zombie spawners in this room, as well as zombie pigmen spawners in the ceiling.
- Two pressure plates must be pressed at the same time in this room, one in the cell next to the staircase and one in the cells on the second level.
- Once they're activated, go back to the main room and kill all the zombies that have spawned. Then have the other group return.
- Regroup and go through to the door into "Sector V-6 Cafeteria."
Cafeteria - Horde Room (Difficulty: 10/10)
- Once the group is prepared, press the two buttons at the same time to start. This will start a wave room. There are 11 waves, with 4 seconds between each wave.
- Once you have dealt with the zombies and pigmen wait for the door to open, then proceed.
Corridor (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Proceed down the corridor and press the button to open the door.
- Be careful of zombies behind doors that are opened.
- Collect the loot and proceed through the doors and up the staircase.
Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Press the buttons on the walls to open the doors.
- Repeat again and to arrive at the start of the dungeon. Congratulations on beating Byesford Labs!
- There are several Lore books and lore blocks here. Most if not all of them relate to the experimentation and research of zombies and pigmen.
Subject Z-87's Containment Cell
|Subject Z-87 was captured and contained by Byesford scientists.|
This creature devours anything in its path, from zombies to animals and even people.
It was a miracle to even get it contained, but those scientists... they wanted more.
|It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle.
It takes a hero to be one of those men who go into battle.
Note - Bavel
|To anyone it may concern. The doors in the lab have malfunctioned, they've gotten loose. Anyway, you need to take it slow, or your friends may get locked on the wrong side of the door with those... Things.|
Research Report - Dr. Hudson
|A new vaccine is ready for testing, unfortunately, cattle numbers have become thin.
We will need to locate a new animal type for testing. Baxter has gone in search of pigs. Testing of the new vaccine should commence in the coming weeks, if all goes as planned.
Document MI-LK13 - Dr. Hudson
|Milk has been proven to cure infection when given to human who hasn't turned.
The undead have shown no signs of regaining human traits when given vaccines with milk. Our research has failed to provide information as to exactly why it only works with living subjects More testing is needed.
Document Z-87-C - Dr. Preston
Vaccine A-12 was administered to Subject Z-87 under close observation. Subject entered an enraged state and attempted to break containment. This continued for 3 hours before subject fell over unconscious. Dr. Philips has forbidden any further testing with A-12. "These vaccines are not helping with it's behavior. We need to start from scratch."
Research Report - Dr. Davis
|While conducting an autopsy on a recently deceased pig, I noticed something strange.
It's decaying skin began to regenerate when it came in accidental contact with Aurum. After some further experimentation, I've discovered that Aurum will also regenerate the cells of an infected subject, although the effects are only temporary. I will forward these results to Dr. Hudson.
Document CC-03 - Mr. Darche
|Name: Containment Cannon
Version 3.1.1 Description: Defensive measures against potential containment breaches. Rapid Fire.
Burnt Report - Dr. Kennedy
|We've learnt a great deal from this mysterious new dimension accessed through this portal.
Our excavation team has brought back a considerable amount of an unknown white crystal found within the hot surfaces of the cliff sides. Mining and extracting these new materials has been quite difficult given the unusual terrain of the dimension. Even, there is so much we can learn from this dimension and so much we can do with these new materials. Creating and combining...
Instruction Book - ???
|There are several wooden buttons hidden around the room, shoot them
Once all the correct buttons are pressed, the torch above this shelf will light up. You can then proceed.
Repair Req No.67 - Management
|Sector D-10 Door has broken.
You will need to: Go to the boiler room over by Incubation and fix the fuses. Then head over to Water Control at the Workshop and reconnect the pump line. Then the board will need to be reconnected to the main grid at the storage area below. This should fix the door, good luck.
|Security Code: 582|
P-47 Observation - Dr. Tucker
1 day after initial vaccination of T-92: Subject displays signs of of notable anxiety to it's surroundings.
2 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject shows loss of pigment in head and lower regions.
4 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject shows increased hostility and has attempted to break down cell door.
5 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject has started to develop a snout and skin has started to gain a pinkish hue
8 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject has grown more violent and resists sedation. Footnote: Door has received several dents, door will need to be replaced.
9 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject now looks more pig than human, a noticeable snout now covers the face, and skin is almost entirely pink, although the body still shows signs of decay.
11 days after initial vaccination of T-92 Subject continuously rams his door. Footnote: The new door has still not arriv-