Sunken Mire is a dungeon located in the western swamp, consisting of a series of underground bogs. This dungeon mostly involves fighting spider swarms, but also includes some moderate parkour and puzzle content. Although the dungeon is possible to be completed alone, it is recommended to complete this dungeon in a small group.
The dungeon features a unique mob in MineZ, spiders. The spiders spawn when disturbed at various points in the dungeon. They have a long reach, and are difficult to hit with swords. Bows are highly recommended for this dungeon to deal with these spiders. There are a few zombie spawners near the beginning of the dungeon, but those disappear in favor of spider spawns after the first room.
This dungeon features a large central cavern with leaves overlooking a deep lake. Falling into this lake teleports the player out of the dungeon and into the Swamp Caves. As such, failing the parkour doesn't kill the player, but kicks them out of the dungeon.
|Number of Chests:||12|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 3|
|Other Requirements:||Bow, Arrows|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Legendary Items
- 4 Video Walkthrough
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 5.1 Entrance (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 5.2 Boggy Cave (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.3 Cave Parkour (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.4 Sunken Ravine (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.5 Web Parkour Room (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.6 Return to Ravine (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 5.7 Beetroot Seed Quest (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.8 Ravine Revisited (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.9 Final Wave (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 5.10 Loot Room (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 6 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Loot Room
- 10 dungeon_tier_3
- 2 dungeon_tier_4
|Web Shot||Fires a ball of webs upon full drawback (Takes 2 arrows per use).|
Entrance (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Enter the dungeon by climbing onto the large tree trunk.
- Upon entering through the hole, you will be faced with a "thread-the-needle" style fall damage puzzle. Either slowly drop down, or jump into the water pool at the bottom of the tunnel.
- Be careful, as there are lily pads on the water pool.
Boggy Cave (Difficulty: 6/10)
- You'll learn the mechanic of this dungeon within this room. Upon entering, there will be a slope. Walk past the slope until you see a piece of dark wood with particles. Shoot this piece of wood with a bow and arrow to obtain the dry branch.
- Take the dry branch and jump down into the water near where you entered the room. Follow the underwater tunnel until you find a coal block with trapdoors. Throw the branch on this coal block to create an open flame.
- Stand near the open flame to give yourself a fire trail particle effect. The fire trail will follow you until you stand on wool, or come in contact with flowing water or water particles.
- Once you have a fire trail, follow the sloped hill until you find a wool block. Jump on the wool block with the trail effect. This will spark a chain reaction, burning the wool and nearby cobwebs. This will result in a platform falling from the ceiling, with several spiders on it. Fight the spiders, being careful to avoid their venomous attacks.
- Obtain another fire trail and go back up the sloped hill. This time, follow the brown mushroom block parkour to find the second wool block. Ignite this block, revealing another platform and wave of spiders. Fight the spiders to continue.
- Obtain your third fire trail for this room. Spot the waterfall, and follow the leaf parkour near it to find the last wool block for this room. Be careful to avoid nearby water as you parkour. Ignite the wool block, spawning the last platform and wave of spiders.
- Now, the platforms create a makeshift bridge you can parkour across. Obtain one last fire charge, and complete the parkour. On the other side, use your fire charge to ignite the barrier of glass, wool, and cobwebs.
Cave Parkour (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Continue into the next room. Parkour across using the wooden planks and leaves.
- Avoid falling into the murky ground below. This will prematurely end your run.
Sunken Ravine (Difficulty: 4/10)
- In this room, spiders spawn primarily based on player location, rather than the use of fire particles. Cross the leaf bridge. Upon hearing a crunching noise, return to the entrance of the room, as spiders will soon spawn in that area.
- Follow the wooden plank parkour. Once you hear the same crunching noise, prepare for more spiders to spawn.
- This will reveal an alcove with an unignited coal block. To obtain another dry branch, continue along the ravine, crossing another bridge made of leaves. This will bring you to a room with white particles hanging from the ceiling.
Web Parkour Room (Difficulty: 4/10)
- This room consists of several streams of white particles that are meant to resemble stringy cobwebs. When a player is within one of these strands of web, they will be given a very brief levitation effect.
- Use this effect to "parkour" from strand to strand. Occasionally, you will also have to levitate onto a leaf block to finish this levitation challenge.
- At the end of this challenge, there is a tunnel made of wood. Upon entering the tunnel, you will hear the familiar crunch noise that signifies the spawning of spiders. Fight the spiders as they spawn.
- At the end of the wooden tunnel, you will see another dark oak block with particles. Shoot an arrow at this block to obtain a dry branch.
- Bring this branch back to the alcove in the ravine.
Return to Ravine (Difficulty: 5/10)
- Create another open flame by throwing your dry branch onto the coal block. NOTE: In this room, water particles drop from the ceiling. To leave the room with a fire trail intact, you have to follow the parkour to your left.
- Take your fire trail, and ignite the wool block near the levitation parkour room. This will create a platform on the main stone pillar in the ravine. It will also spawn some spiders. Fight any spiders that you see.
- Follow the parkour made of red sandstone and leaves to get on top of this pillar. Make sure there are no spiders on top, as they can knock you off of the pillar.
- Jump down onto the network of leaves that span the top of the ravine. Follow the green carpet, as it leads you into the next stage.
- Follow the terrain of the ravine until you see a wooden plank platform with a cobweb. Jump into the cobweb.
- Complete the parkour made of wood, red sandstone, and leaves. From there follow the green carpet to the right. You should find yourself in a new alcove with water and tilled dirt at the entrance.
Beetroot Seed Quest (Difficulty: 6/10)
- Upon entering this alcove, you will find a wool block with cobwebs. To ignite it, drop down and follow the cave to the right to find an already ignited flame. Obtain a fire trail and ignite the wool, spawning yet another wave of spiders.
- Use the newly revealed platform to parkour across. In the next cave, you will notice a wool block directly in front of you. To ignite it, drop down and use the already-lit open flame to your left. Parkour across the cave, avoiding any water that may put out your flame trail. Use this trail to ignite the wool block, forming a platform to parkour across. Take care of any spiders that spawn as a result. Parkour across using the platform and surrounding leaves.
- Upon entering the next room, a large wave of spiders will spawn. Eliminate them, and then enter the tunnel made of wood at the end of the room. In here, pick up the illuminated beetroot seeds.
- Once you have obtained the seeds, return to the entrance of the alcove. Throw the beetroot seeds onto the tilled dirt. This will trigger an animation in which the water pool drains and crops grow.
Ravine Revisited (Difficulty: 6/10)
- Return to the large ravine yet again. Climb onto the leaves again, and follow the shrubs and the green carpet path on them. This should bring you to a section that is blocked off by white glass, wool, and cobwebs. You will need a fire charge to enter this room.
- To get this fire trail, return to the alcove that was used earlier in the dungeon (Near the levitation parkour room). To get there, drop down into the cobwebs that are on several platforms. Follow the terrain, and jump into cobwebs until you are outside of this alcove.
- Obtain a fire trail, and follow the parkour back to the top of the ravine. This mostly involves the same parkour you completed to get to the beetroot seed side cave.
- Parkour until you are back at the section that is blocked by white glass, wool, and cobwebs. Then, use your fire trail to ignite the barrier, allowing you into the final challenge of the dungeon.
Final Wave (Difficulty: 5/10)
- Upon entering this room, an incredibly large wave of spiders will spawn. They are hard to avoid, as there are also cobwebs generously scattered throughout the room.
- You can either fight the spiders or attempt to outrun them as you make your way to the loot room. The latter option is typically easier and less time-consuming, but the spiders may follow you into the loot room.
- Either way, you will have to travel around the room clockwise until you arrive at a tunnel. This tunnel leads to the loot room.
Loot Room (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Make your way into the loot room, and collect your loot. To obtain the legendary, approach the corpse surrounded by webbing, and right-click his weapon with an open hand.
- To leave the loot room, jump into the murky flooring on the far side of the loot room. You will be teleported into a long underwater tunnel, which comes out in the Swamp Cave System.
- Congratulations! You have survived the Sunken Mire dungeon!
- This location contains countless spiders. This is a mob that is unique to this location.
- If you struggle with parkour, it may be best to steer clear of this location.
- Properly exiting this dungeon will teleport you into an underwater tunnel. Swim quickly to avoid drowning damage!
- This dungeon was added in June of 2020, in the weeks following the Origins Part 2 Update.
- This is the only location to feature the spider mob.
- This is the only dungeon currently in the swamp biome of the map.