Annihilation Game Summary
Welcome to Annihilation - a team-based PvP game!
The objective of the game is to be the last team standing - by destroying the enemy team's Nexus whilst defending your own!
Annihilation is a team-based PvP gamemode with 4 teams, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green. Your team's objective is to destroy the other 3 team's nexuses while protecting your own. Each team has their own quadrant of the map where they can gather resources, build defenses, and more. Your team wins when it is the last one with a nexus.
When you first join a game you are sent to the pre-game lobby. This is where you queue up for teams, vote on the map, and pick your starting class. You can also manage your preferences using /pref (You can disable/enable shields, team helmet color and kill particle effects, as well as change the starting location of items on your hotbar). You can join the queue for any team as long as you are in the pre-game lobby during the voting phase, Phase 1 or Phase 2, or Phase 3 for active premium members, by typing /team join [color]. You won't be able to join a queue for a team when the game hits Phase 3, except those with an active premium membership until Phase 4, so make sure to be queued before the start of Phase 3. You will not be removed from the queue and can still enter the game in Phase 3 and afterward.
Once a team's Nexus is destroyed, that team's players will no longer respawn. The remaining members of the team will remain in the game until they die, meaning they can still attack and destroy your nexus.
In order to win, your team must be the last one with a nexus.
The game is split into 5 phases of play - each lasting 10 minutes.
- PHASE 1: At the beginning of this phase, the game begins! Players spawn at their team's base. The Nexus cannot be damaged.
- PHASE 2: The Nexus can now be damaged.
- PHASE 3: Diamonds spawn at the middle of the map. Witches also spawn within each team quadrant.
- PHASE 4: The Boss Portal spawns, allowing the Boss Mob to be slain for a special team reward! Blaze powder also becomes available in the shop.
- PHASE 5: During this phase, each nexus will start to bleed. Each team will lose 1 nexus hitpoint every 45 seconds until one team is at 5 nexus health at which point it will pause. It will restart if this lowest team is knocked out.
The game continues to be in Phase 5 until only one team is left!
There are several classes to play - some grant special attacks, whilst some allow you to fly through the air! Check the classes page here for more information. Go through the Nether Portal whilst ingame to change your class.
- Ender Furnace - The Ender Furnace is a special furnace that only you can access and is located in your base. It has particles around it similar to an Ender Chest along with a message when you open it up. Each team has only one: other teams' Ender Furnaces act normally excluding said team. It also smelts items 20% faster than regular furnaces.
- Boss Buff - Earned by killing the Boss Mob. Once claimed, everyone on your team receives one, giving them access to a special shop. This shop contains unique items such as armour, swords, bows, potions, and more.
- Nether Portals - Used to change your class in-game. One or two of these portals are located in every base.
- Combat NPC - Respawn where you log out. When leaving a game with /hub, /al, or /logout, you will rejoin in the same location where you logged out. If you do not use /logout, an NPC will spawn for 15 seconds that enemies can kill and take your loot. You will be respawned at your base.
- The Void - Instead of having a world border or wall around the map, annihilation has a void surrounding each map. Falling in the void wil eventually result in you dying. Hitting your enemies in the void is a common strategy to kill them.
- Maximum Height - Annihilation has the maximum hight capped at y 115.
The game places every player in adventure mode, meaning you will need proper tools to harvest blocks. There are only two exceptions. The Nexus, which can be broken by anything, but pickaxes are most effective since it is made of End Stone. And the Nexus's protected land, which cannot be broken at all. Bedrock as always cannot be destroyed.
You can create boost pads with iron, gold or diamond blocks, or redstone lamps by placing a stone pressure plate on top of them. When stepped on, it will launch you in the direction you are facing about 21 blocks on flat ground, ~26 if you sprint. For up to 5 seconds after launching, you will not take fall damage. It will not activate if the pressure plate is already being pressed by another player. These special boost pads can come in very handy in combination with a skybridge, find out more about that here.
The Nifty Boron update changed the way fortune works in Annihilation. The changes only affect the gathering of diamonds and concern the chances of getting more than 1 diamond upon mining a diamond ore. The fortune rate for diamonds is:
- Fortune 3 = 100% chance of getting 2 diamonds, 50% of 3 diamonds, 25% of 4 diamonds.
- Fortune 2 = 50% chance of getting 2 diamonds, 25% of 3 diamonds, 10% of 4 diamonds.
- Fortune 1 = 25% of getting 2 diamonds, 10% of 3 diamonds, 5% of 4 diamonds.