Tristitia is a town located in the dark forest north of Afaya. It is one of the darkest locations in the entire MineZ map with hanging bodies, blood and skulls scattered throughout. Tristita seems to be heavily themed around Dentril, the MineZ God of Darkness.
|Location Message:||Home of Hestril's Torment|
|Number of Buildings:||4|
|Zombie Threat:||High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Number of Chests:||21|
|Risk of Bandits:||Low|
- A cauldron with one water refill is at (2953, 69, -1381) and a cauldron with two is at (2906, 68, -1372).
- There are brewing stands in almost every section of the town, excluding the crypt.
- The risk of encountering players here is minimal due to its remoteness and many chasms surrounding the town.
- The crypt can be accessed by entering the cave on the south side of town. It contains a large number of mil_rares and the pot_epic chest.
- Tight corners in the crypt make it almost impossible to avoid the zombie pigmen.
- The majority of zombies spawn in the crypt. The surface is fairly low-risk in terms of zombie threat.
- The pot_uncommon chest can be found in the sacrificial room of the southeastern house.
- Tristitia is Latin for "Sadness". It is also related to describe any kind of negative feeling, which perfectly depicts this location. It is involved with dark arts and haunted places have an aura of negativity surrounding them due to the horrible events that took place in them.
- The symbol of Dentril, the MineZ God of Darkness and Destruction, can be found within the crypt.
- As opposed to the regular sound produced by lore blocks, the crypt lore block produces a blaze sound instead.
- The bottom half of a banner can be found above the coffin where pigmen spawn in the crypt. It is speculated that this is the bottom half of a similar banner at Agni Ignis, which only shows the top half. This would link in with the lore of Agni Ignis, suggesting that the colosseum was invaded by the people of Tristitia.
- The lore block is located in a small hole under the southeastern house at (2937, 63, -1324).
|The dark and gnarled roots creak and snap as if to welcome you.|
The wind howls and churns up leaves, long since discardeed, as if a thousand corpses, they rush past you, back to the forest floor, their grave.
- The lore block is located in the crypt beside the statue of Dentril at (2936, 43, -1220).
|"Gaze upon and despair, ye who enter." The baleful statue reads. "Cast asunder, I am free. With me, through me, all is equal. For as there is light, there is dark."|
MineZː Our Story - Episode 2
|Humanity flourished under the guidance of the elemental gods. Yet from his seat in the heavens, Hestril sensed what the others could notː a deep, sinister feeling brewing in this new creation - humanity.|
Mages tained by some darkness Hestril did not desire in his creation turned away from his light. They had harnessed dark magic, which could not be allowed on his Earth.
Cleansed by Hestril's light, drovees of humanity were erased - reduced to mere particles, to ensure that this presence would not spread. And so for a time the world held its breath as the gaze of Hestril swept over all of creation.
With every passing week the creator god grew increasingly unnerved.
His children, worried for their creation, labored under the intense thought of what could happen to humanity should they stray away from the path of light - not to mention that of their world and themselves.