Healing is a vital part of MineZ, as unlike Vanilla Minecraft, health will not regenerate with a full hunger bar. In order to regain health, you will need to be healed, use potions or eat any kind of food, excluding rotten flesh.
Healing yourself is pretty simple, if you don't mind the inventory space used. You should have at least a few of these ready for healing if in a group, and a lot more if you're traveling alone.
- Paper (known as a bandage) can be right clicked to instantly heal a single heart or stop any bleeding you might have and it will only heal half a heart. The paper is immediately consumed, so carry more than one.
- Food, excluding rotten flesh, will heal you half a heart every time you eat (in addition to restoring hunger). The most efficient food to restore health from is golden apples, since they give you Regeneration II for five seconds and Absortion II for two minutes. Eating food will not stop bleeding.
- Health potions can be found mainly in potion chests (mainly found in churches) and come in Instant Health I and II. Splash and Lingering versions also exist. You can drink them for an instant 3 or 4 hearts of health respectively. You will not get an empty bottle back after drinking one. You can brew drinkable Instant Health potions with gunpowder to make them splash potions and glowstone dust can be used to make Health Is, drink or splash, into Health IIs.
Healing others is a very good way for a team to keep each others health up while taking up minimal inventory space. In order to heal another player without using health potions, you will need shears (also known as Healing kit) and the proper kit items such as healing ointment, antibiotics, bandages, etc. Healing another player will consume the items used, so if you enable healing ointment and antibiotics it will consume one bandage and one of each enabled item. However if you have nothing enabled and attempt to heal someone with just a bandage it will give them a small amount of health without consuming a bandage or any kit items.
- Bandage (Necessary) Used for all types of heals and provides a very small amount of health when used by itself. Note: Unlike using a bandage without a kit it will not stop bleeding unless used with a healing ointment.
- Healing Ointment (Optional) Gives the player the kit is used on regeneration for a short period of time. Note: Using this is preferred because it restores much more health than simply using a bandage.
- Antibiotics (Optional) Using this cures the player of infection. Note: The group should keep some of this handy in case they run out of milk
- File:Dye_Light_Blue.pngStimulant (Optional) When used it gives the player speed for a period of time.
- File:Dye_Yellow.pngRevitalizer (Optional) When used it gives the player absorption
- File:Dye_Orange.pngAloe vera (Optional) Using this gives the player fire resistance which can be useful for several dungeons Note: This is almost necessary for a few dungeons and a huge advantage in others.
- The healing kit is used for healing other players and team members but cannot be used on yourself, it can be opened by crouching then right clicking which opens an interface allowing you to toggle all items on or off and view how much of each item you have. Note: All items only stack up to 10 in the kit.
- If you used the healing ointment, the player will be granted extra regeneration time.
- If you used antibiotics, the player will be cured of infection.
- If you used the stimulant, the player will be given speed for a short time.
- If you used the revitalizer, the player will be given absorption.
- If you used Aloe vera, the player will be given fire resistance.
After being successfully healed by another player, you must wait out a cooldown that varies in length depending on what kit items you used for the heal in order for someone to heal you again.
- You may left click shears on a player to see how much health they have left, their bleeding status (if bleeding), and cooldown timer before being able to be healed again (if any).
- If you heal 16 unique players, you gain a green healer suffix and you become a Healer.