Difference between revisions of "Exolesco Tunnels"
(fixed rabbit's feet)
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
|style="width:80%"|Gives the wearer Jump Boost
|style="width:80%"|Gives the wearer Jump Boost while equipped.
==Video Walkthrough== <!--T:8-->
==Video Walkthrough== <!--T:8-->
Latest revision as of 23:18, 8 February 2020
Exolesco Tunnels is a dungeon that is found underneath Exolesco. This dungeon was released on April 23rd, 2017, with the MineZ Pre-Origins Update, and was edited in the hit detection update on July 11th, 2017.
|Number of Chests:||13|
|Dungeon Type:||Standard Dungeon|
|Zombie Content:||High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Puzzle/Trap Content:||Very High|
|Other Requirements:||Bow and Arrows|
- 1 Loot Chests
- 2 Legendary Items
- 3 Video Walkthrough
- 4 Text Walkthrough
- 4.1 Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 4.2 Plate Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 4.3 Vine Parkour Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 4.4 Trial Cavern (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 4.5 Trial 1 - Shoot the button (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 4.6 Trial 2 - Musical Memory (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 4.7 Trial 3 - Parkour Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 4.8 Trial 4 - Darkness Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 4.9 Trial 5 - Water Plates (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 4.10 Growing Mushrooms (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 4.11 Wither Water Parkour (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 4.12 Large Tree Room Revisited (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 4.13 Pigman Corridor (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 4.14 Giant Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- 4.15 Hypno-Toad - Boss Room (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 4.16 Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Lore
- Loot Room
- 7 dungeon_common
- 6 dungeon_uncommon
|Rabbit Feet||Gives the wearer Jump Boost II while equipped.|
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- To enter the dungeon, walk into the largest building in Exolesco and drop down into the water.
- Walk around the room and find the exit to a hallway.
- This hallway leads to a small room where you jump on a sandstone slab which will teleport you to the next room.
Plate Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- This room is littered with zombie spawners, so don't stay here too long.
- In this room you must find 3 pressure plates marked with dark prismarine.
- There is one near a pink stained clay mushroom, one at the top of the tree and another high up against the wall across from the tree.
- Placing an item on a plate will sound an explosion. Once you have placed an item on all three plates, the door blocked off by cobblestone fence will open up.
Vine Parkour Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Start on the left side of the room (as seen from the entrance) and follow the [ ! ] blocks
- Make your way up and onto the vines that dangle on logs from the ceiling. After 3 jumps you should make it inside the tree root. Next drop down onto the red mushroom.
- Finally jump to the brown mushroom to exit and be teleported to the next room. This will seal the dungeon off, so make sure all of your team is inside!
Trial Cavern (Difficulty: 5/10)
- After the teleport, you'll find yourself in a small room. Grab some water here and do the 3 block 1/2 up to another small room with a sandstone slab. Stand on that to get teleported.
- Once you find the main room there are a few paths each leading to a trial that must be completed in any order to continue.
- In the middle of the ceiling, a wooden button is located. Shoot the button.
- Once the button is shot, a yellow mushroom will fall from the ceiling and land in the middle of the room, and the trial is complete.
Trial 2 - Musical Memory (Difficulty: 1/10)
- On the right side of the room, on the floor behind a pink stained clay mushroom there is a small cave that has 4 yellow mushrooms, 1 purple mushroom and 1 green mushroom. This is the musical trial.
- Throughout the dungeon there are lore books which give hints as to what the musical code is to complete the room.
- The green button resets the room and needs to be hit before you start.
- Standing on the mushrooms play a note and you have to play them in the order of purple then the yellow mushroom which represents right (on a D pad) and then the left button. Do this pattern 1 more time without stepping on any other notes and the room will be complete and a mushroom will spawn in the main room.
Trial 3 - Parkour Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- To the left of the room (from the entrance) there is a pink stained clay mushroom over void. Parkour on top of that mushroom and continue into a small cave.
- You must do multiple hard jumps to reach the top, and on the side of the room where you entered all jump boost effects will be disabled to prevent cheating. It is recommended to bring Feather Falling boots for this room to prevent potion waste
- At the very top of the room there is a button on a wooden log. Press the button and another mushroom will grow in the main cavern
Trial 4 - Darkness Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- At the other end of the main cave (near the exit) there are a few jumps which will take you to a purple mushroom with a button.
- Make sure all your team is near the button and click it to be teleported.
- In this room everyone will have blindness and glowing effect, with players glowing gold if they have a golden nametag.
- Search the room and look for a button that is along the side of the wall in a small nook. It is randomly placed each time.
- Once you press the button a door will open on the south side. Gather everyone there but don't press the pressure plate until your whole team is there.
- In the main cave there will be a new mushroom.
Trial 5 - Water Plates (Difficulty: 4/10)
- Under the entrance you can find a small cave with water. Walk around the cave and find the sandstone mushroom. Stand on it and be teleported to a cavern with a small pool.
- This trial has 3 mini trials which all need to be complete at the same time in order to complete the main trial and get the last mushroom.
- There are 2 mushrooms, one which raises and one which lowers the level of the pool.
- Each trial has a mushroom in it that lights up and once all orange mushrooms are lit the room is complete.
- There is a parkour to get back up from the pool on the left side of the room near the entrance.
- One player must swim to the right side of the pool and navigate a small maze. When the water is at the lowest point a pressure plate will spawn. Standing on it will light the torch.
- The next room is right under the buttons which raise and lower the water. Here you will find (once the water is low enough) a plate which spawns a timed parkour. The player must step on 4 plates in sequence and fast enough that they don't disappear. Once the player steps on all 4 in time, the light will go on.
- The last room is one with bubbles rising from the bottom. The idea is for the player to shoot the mushroom with the glowstone and 2 cobblestone pillars directly above the bubbles to plug them. If the player tries to swim down when they are not plugged, the player will get levitation and float to the top. The goal is to get to the bottom of the room and into a small cave where the plate will be found.
- Once all 3 rooms are complete a door will open and the last mushroom will have grown in the main cavern
- Now that there are 5 mushrooms, parkour across them and up to the other side of the room and onto the brown mushroom where you will be teleported. Make sure your team is there as it will only teleport for 30 seconds!
Growing Mushrooms (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Once you have completed the trials and been teleported, find the small hole, climb down and go right when you walk into a small cave with a fake zombie. Jump across the small gap and onto the orange mushroom.
- You'll be teleported to a large cave with a tree in the middle.
- When you get to the end of the cave on the right (you'll see a gate) go left and find a smaller cave with red mushrooms.
- There is a Lore Book explaining what to do and how to grow mushrooms. Standing on the end portal frame will allow 1 person to grow the mushrooms when standing next to them.
- Mushrooms will not grow when there is someone standing on any of them.
- This puzzle is tough to explain, so it is better to watch a video.
- Tips: Mushrooms will not grow past 4 tall and you can overwater a mushroom for it to stay up longer.
- When a mushroom grows, the others will go down by 1.
- An overwatered mushroom will stay that way for 4 other mushroom growths.
- Once you have solved the first part a player will now be in a room with a pressure plate. This will open a second area which you must also get to.
- Once there is a person in the second alcove water particles will play under that player. A third player must go alone out the room and to the other side of the tree cave.
Wither Water Parkour (Difficulty: 6/10)
- Find the purple carpet and climb up a small cave and step on a mushroom to be teleported into yet another small cave.
- In this room there is a small tree and on the other side of that tree is a granite wall. The player with the water particles is holding open a block which will allow the person who went alone to hit a button. This completes the "growing mushrooms" room and both the people on the plates can join the person who went alone.
- Note that the person with the water particles may have to go on and off their plate for the button to open.
- Once everyone regroups in the small tree room (with the button) one player can then go into the small pond found on the left side of the room.
- This pond has bubbles coming out and when a button is clicked a leaf block parkour will appear. Falling in the water will give Wither I for 1s repeatedly, which can cause bleeding.
- Parkour to the end of the pond and push the button. Return to the small cave and step on the sandstone mushroom.
- This will bring you back to the main cave with the large tree.
Large Tree Room Revisited (Difficulty: 0/10)
- In this room you will now see a stump with a button on it. This will open up the gate that you saw when you started the "growing mushrooms" room.
Pigman Corridor (Difficulty: 2/10)
- As the sign says, "make haste, do not linger" this is telling you to sprint down the hallway and to avoid pigmen.
- At the end of the hallway, the gate will be sealed, but press the button next to the door and it will open up.
- Pushing the button will spawn a giant.
Giant Room (Difficulty: 3/10)
- You will need to fight the giant you spawned to continue. Once you do, the path will open and the boss room will be accessible. Walk through the coal tunnel to go to the boss.
Hypno-Toad - Boss Room (Difficulty: 5/10)
- The boss fight is very straight forward but requires a lot of potions.
- The frog has 6 waves, each of which will add a new attack to its arsenal (the new attack being picked at random).
- "The toad begins to Leech the life from the soil"
- Anyone standing on dirt, grass, or mycelium will get Hunger II for 10s.
- To avoid this, stand on anything except the blocks mentioned above.
- "The mushrooms around the room are about to release Toxic Spores! Find some water to hide in!"
- Near the entrance to this room, there are two holes that lead into a small water-filled cave. There is also a small tunnel on the left side of the room with water. Completely submerge yourself in either source to block the attack. If you aren't submerged, you will get Poison VI for 2s, which is 3 hearts of damage.
- To get out of the cave, near the entrance, there is a piston elevator.
- "The toad is charging its Croak! Get away from the Toad and find cover!"
- Near the entrance to the room, there is a bell-shaped mushroom on the ceiling. Shoot the inside of it, knocking it from the ceiling and protecting you from the attack. If you're not under the mushroom when the toad finishes charging, you will receive either 3 hearts of damage (if you're not near the toad) or 6 hearts of damage (if you're near the toad).
- "The toad spews out a Wither Sludge!"
- Under the neck of the toad, there is a dispenser which spawns a small slime named "Wither Sludge". While the slime is alive, you will get Poison I for 1s every 3 seconds, dealing half a heart each time.
- Once you kill the slime, a Lingering Potion of Healing will shoot out of the neck near it.
- "An Enhancer Spore has spawned!'
- The toad will spawn a glowing Endermite either on its back or on the ground in front of it, which can only be killed with a sword.
- This Spore gives enemies near it Speed II, increasing their speed greatly.
- The toad may occasionally inflict Slowness II and Weakness I on everyone in the room. There will be no announcement for this attack, and you will be unable to damage enemies while you have Weakness.
- "The toad begins to Leech the life from the soil"
- When it says "The toad is able to be damaged!" someone must go on top of the toad and press the pressure plates that are on its back mushrooms.
- Be weary, as when the toad isn't able to be damaged the mushrooms will have a poison cloud on them, giving you Poison I, Mining Fatigue I, and Slowness II.
- On the toad, there are multiple zombie and zombie pigman spawners to prevent you from staying on it too long. There are also Spores (skeletons with end stone on their head) which will harass you as you try to damage the boss. They have low health and can be dispatched easily but come in large numbers.
- After damaging the Toad 6 times, the Song of Healing from the Majora's Mask game will fully play and you will be teleported into the loot room.
- The toad can still attack after all plates are pressed, so be careful not to die from a Croak attack!
Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Make your way down a tunnel and you will receive your prize of 10+ dungeon chests and the legendary boots, Rabbit Feet.
- To get out you can either log or find the pistons to jump out and into the boarded-up house.
- Congratulations, you have beat Exolesco Tunnels!
- There are a lot of small caves and secret areas around the dungeon that used to contain chests. While some of them currently contain Lore, the rest are useless as mid-dungeon chests have been removed.
- The Parkour Trial used to be a Levitation Trial, and the toad boss used to have a levitation attack, however these were removed as they were banning players from the server. For that reason, the trial was changed from a levitation trial to a parkour trial, with the added notice that all the mushrooms in the room have gone "dormant," and the toad's levitation attack has been removed.
- Two more ocarina songs can be played on the Musical Memory puzzle room, one to unlock a secret room, and one to see a special message.
- The mushrooms are made to represent a Nintendo 64 controller.
- The fake zombie behind the iron bars in the small cave after the first trial room is the same as the Giant you fight after going through the Pigman Corridor.
- The toad can also be seen behind the fake zombie.
- The behemoth mentioned in the Lore Book at the entrance of the dungeon refers to the toad boss.
- The new dungeon, Exolesco Raid, expands the Lore about Exolesco Tunnels.
- This dungeon was primarily built by EmeraldClef, 66tee and PineFrost64, with some minor contributions from RichRamp and Stroby who helped mostly with the making of the plate room and vine parkour room, which are the first 2 rooms of the dungeon.
- The aesthetic of the starting room was used as the base style for the whole dungeon.
- In many areas of the dungeon, equipping Rabbit Feet or gaining Jump Boost in a different way will display the message "The mushrooms are emitting a field of spores that nullify your jump boost effect!" This is to prevent the player from cheating some trials.
- Most of the Lore Books are hints at the puzzles through the dungeon:
Torn Pages - Perch
Specimen #14 - Perch
Familial Mycelium The mushrooms connect through a localized underground root system. They respond very well to water, and share it to one another when added at the base. They also seem to take on more water even after they've fully grown, storing it at the base with a noticeable drip once it's full.However, the mushrooms stop accepting water when there is weight on top of any of them.