Exolesco is a great town for food and civilian gear. This structure is made up of one big tree stump with little huts built onto the flat surface.
Bandits once frequented this location, but with the removal of Exolesco Tunnels and the potion chests, the town is mostly lifeless.
|Location Message:||The Overgrown Oddity|
|Number of Buildings:||15|
|Number of Chests:||19|
|Risk of Bandits:||Medium|
- Huts (13)
- 5 civ_common
- 5 food_common
- 3 food_uncommon
- Thomas_Dorland's Stump Of A Home
- 1 civ_common
- Purple and Pink Mushroom
- 1 mil_uncommon
- Yellow and Orange Mushroom
- 1 mil_uncommon
- Blue and Light Blue Mushroom
- 1 mil_uncommon
- 1 food_uncommon
- 1 food_rare
- The middle tower is easy to parkour onto from the purple mushroom allowing a great logout spot or safety from bandits and zombies.
- One can also jump onto the top of purple mushroom from the tower.
- Be careful when climbing the central tower, gaps in the staircase could lead to fatal falls. However, these are pretty easy to avoid. Zombies falling from the top may knock players off, though.
- Beware of the soul sand all around the town: it can slow escape. However, it also slows zombies, making combat feasible.
- This area is good for groups to camp at, because of the relative safety, medium spawn rate of zombies, and abundance of food.
- The top of the tower boasts a food_rare - the only one in a 2300-block radius.
- It is possible to camp in the trees surrounding Exolesco to recover from the zombies hordes. However, not all of these are zombie-proof, and they can catch up to the player, though it may take them a while.
- The Exolesco Tunnels were located here, under the tower.
- The dungeon required at least two players. It revolved around growing and shrinking the player by standing on mushrooms, in order to solve various puzzles. It is still revered as one of the best dungeons MineZ ever had.
- The dungeon was quite abusable. Rabbit's Feet were earned for completing it, which at the time gave Slowness 4 and Jump Boost 4 when worn. This allowed for multiple rooms to be skipped or cut short, and in combination with an Agni's Fury from Frostbain Catacombs, it was possible to solo the dungeon without using many potions.
- Rabbit's feet are now an unobtainable/event legendary, with extremely high value in trading.
- It is estimated that, if the dungeon were around today, it would have a Tier 3 loot room.
- Exolesco Tunnels were removed when the Recode update dropped in January of 2019.
- There are Lore Blocks here describing events related to the creation of the Exolesco Tunnels.
- There's a rather deep hole blocked by leaves next to a tree southeast from here. It is part of the Exolesco Raid, another removed dungeon.
- The word Exolesco is Latin for "Decay", according to the original creator. This is related to the number of giant mushrooms infesting the village and the state it is in.
- This was a build submission done by ForeverGinger on Shotbow (Link). The inside of the tower and the western house, along with other small changes, were made for the Pre-Origins Update, including the dungeon Exolesco Tunnels.
- This town was originally intended by the builder to be located in the north-eastern jungle, near Agni Ignis.
- For both Halloween 2017 and 2018, this location was changed: The town was invaded by giant pumpkins scattered throughout, the giant brown mushrooms in the area were turned to giant red mushrooms and the inside of the Tower had floating redstone torches (similar to Heartless Mansion) and some green stained glass surrounding the top of the Tower from outside. Most of the oak wood was also turned into spruce.
- There are several Lore Books inside the tower and in the dungeon:
Actions - Perch
|The mages struck a great attack on my group and myself. They've tried to come to a compromise: I give over my tower and all of my research, and they will stop fighting. I lied to them, agreeing to their trade, and attacked them while their guard was down. They've since been unrelenting on my group, and don't want to stop until I've been well beyond destroyed...|
Cave Travel - Perch
|Under no circumstance one should venture down in the caverns below. They were sealed off for a reason... it's far too dangerous for anyone down there. Even with my group, many of us didn't make it... I've noted to bring more than two people in the future...|
Rumors - Perch
|I've done my best to unseal the caverns as quietly as possible. It's been difficult, though it should be worth it... The town has been growing more and more suspicious, with the rumor of war getting even greater...|
Final Regrets - Perch
|I've made a mistake.|
I should have been more open to the town with my work...
This war has ruined us all, and it's all my fault...
These caverns shouldn't have ever been touched again...
Caverns - Perch
|Upon going deeper into the caverns, we discovered more about the native mushrooms that grow around here. There seems to be a lot of new species we've never seen before... Some of them have magical properties, like makng the world expand around you...|
Behemoth - Perch
|It arrived at the [OBFUSCATED] around mid[OBFUSCATED]. Moonlight bathed its form as it came [OBFUSCATED] through buildings, ripping people [OBFUSCATED] good, and bad... Everyone gathered away from the [OBFUSCATED] all were back together... for now...|
|Harkening back to more enchanted times, the enchanted stump of Exolesco is an oddity even for the swamp.|
Believed to have been planted by Therum herself, this grand tree was felled long ago. Before these dark times, researchers would flock here to study the curious nature of this stump; its tunnels and its mystical, multicolored mushrooms being wholly unique.
Exolesco was special, and though its inhabitants have either all been turned or fled, the tree remains. For as all things come from the earth, so shall they return to her.