Eclipsed Ruins is a Tier 3 dungeon near Desert Canyon Sanctuary. It is the final part in obtaining the Eye of Darkness that has to be brought to Shrine of the Dusk. To enter, one must have visited the ruins under Archaeological Dig Site with an Old Gnawed Bone and obtained the Eclipsed Seal.
|Number of Chests:||12|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 3|
|Zombie Content:||Very Low|
|Other Requirements:||Eclipsed Map (Asindia Ruins), Junk Items|
|Elite Legendary Items||✘
|Path of the Eclipsed|
|Old Gnawed Bone||✘
|Eye of Darkness||✔|
|Rod of Reclamation||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Video Walkthrough
- 4 Text Walkthrough
- 5 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- 6 Lore
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Loot Room
- 9 dungeon_tier_3
- 3 dungeon_tier_4
- Throw the Eclipsed Seal from Asindia Ruins onto the Altar.
- Go down the stairs.
- To the right, there is a Lore Book.
- Hold sneak to pass through the path blocked by sand.
Sticky Ceiling Room (4/10)
- Touch the slime blocks to get a levitation effect, sticking the player to the ceiling.
- The challenge here is to navigate a maze of red sandstone catwalks. If there is no longer a FULL red sandstone block above the player, they will fall into the lava and die. One must use third-person camera and the debug menu (f3) to decipher which paths are safe to travel.
- First, go to the platform on the right.
- Continue straight ahead to the next platform.
- Lastly, follow the shortest path to the final platform.
Spike Hallway (3/10)
- The end stone bricks on the floor will activate spikes when stood on, dealing six hearts of damage.
- Parkour between the sandstone safe spots to reach the other side.
- At the end of the hallway, push the button to open the door.
- There will be two challenges here; One to the left and one to the right. Both must be completed.
Right Side - Hot Sand Pillars (8/10)
- Complete the parkour challenge to reach the three ledges on the northeast, southeast, and southwest in that order, and throw items on plates there.
- To do this, parkour on the sand pillars that rise and fall on a randomized cycle. Every five seconds, all currently raised pillars will fall and a random seven of the twelve pillars will rise.
- If the player falls in the red-hot sand below, they will be repeatedly shot with fire charges.
- It is recommended to back walk and jump to the nearest safe sand. The fire charges will boost the player in the direction they're going.
- Do not attempt to seek safety on the spot where a pillar can rise.
- First, hang out on the northeast side and wait for the three northmost pillars to all rise at the same time. The odds of this occurring are about 15.9%, so stay alert and wait patiently.
- Once they rise, immediately parkour across them. The final jump is a 3-block-1-up.
- Throw an item on the plate here and go south. Wait for the correct pillar to rise, then do another 3-by-1.
- Throw an item on the second plate and look to the west. Wait for the correct pillar to rise, then do one last 3-by-1.
- Once the third and final plate is activated, jump down and return to the main room.
Left Side - Sticky Ceiling 2 (6/10)
- This is a more complex and difficult rendition of the first challenge.
- Watching the video guide is highly recommended. It is tricky and very punishing.
- Once at the back of the room, throw an item on the wooden plate.
- This whole section can be skipped by using Eillom Ale to get on top of the catwalks.
Ruin Guardian (7/10)
- Once both challenges are complete, purple particles will appear in the middle of the room.
- Equip any smite swords, a smite iron axe, snowballs, and/or potions.
- Stand on the particles to close all doors to the room and spawn the dungeon's boss: The Ruin Guardian. It's a skeleton that deals three hearts to full iron and has a lot of health.
- Every ten seconds, it will spawn three zombies on top of itself. The zombies can randomly be pigmen or baby pigmen.
- Rapidly hit the Ruin Guardian into the corner of the room with a smite sword. Continue critting it in the corner until it spawns zombies, at which point switch to an axe. Use the wide swing of the axe to kill all the zombies while keeping the Ruin Guardian in place. Switch back to the sword and repeat the process.
- If it spawns pigmen,they will immediately pop to the axe, spawning baby zombies and dealing damage. If below half health, run away and drink some potions.
- If overwhelmed by the zombies, snowball or grenade them while restocking hotbar and health.
- Eventually, the Ruin Guardian will die. Pick up the Eye of Darkness which drops in the center of the room and head north to the loot room.
Loot Room (1/10)
- Loot the 8 tier 3 and 3 tier 4 dungeon chests. Some of the chests are pretty well hidden, so look carefully.
- Head through the hole in the ceiling in the back of the room. This will put the player back into the main server, near the river intersection in the mesa.
- Congratulations on beating Eclipsed Ruins!
- Saens, Sercaul, and Grayvale are all good places to restock on civilian loot after this dungeon. Pileus, the best food town on the map, is just a short sprint away.
- Fire resistance potions are very useful here, but the closest place to find them is in the volcanic region near Mining Town.
- If one falls into a lava pit, there is no way out. Swim to the nearest safe ground and disconnect from the server to avoid death.
- There are a couple of Lore Books here:
Buried - Eclipsed
Just keep running.
That's all we can do now.
We thought we'd be helping, but all we did was repeat history. Now we will be buried, and forgotten.
Artifact - Main
|Where darkness abides.|
Beneath a gate of purple, marked by the sun.
Return the eye and a shard will be your guerdon...