Difference between revisions of "沙漠峡谷圣所Desert Canyon Sanctuary"
(Created page with "<languages/> <translate> <!--T:1--> 500x375px|thumb|right|The entrance of Desert Canyon Sanctuary <!--T:2--> '''Desert Canyon Sanctuary''' is the Elite Du...")
|Line 304:||Line 304:|
Revision as of 07:09, 23 June 2022
Desert Canyon Sanctuary is the Elite Dungeon of Earth. It represents the Goddess Therum. 2 players are required to beat this dungeon as intended, but at least four are recommended. The dungeon is located in the eastern desert, and is one of the least visited dungeons, due to its location and difficulty. Therum's Legendary Set can be obtained here.
The dungeon has many different challenges, many of which are fatal if failed. They include a pitch dark maze, parkour over lava, parkour on iron bars, a wave room, a spire parkour room, and a boss room that involves throwing TNT. Players should be well prepared with many potions, snowballs, and iron armor with good durability. Fire resistance potions are also extremely useful in this dungeon, and can save a player's life if they fall into lava. Grenades are almost required for the wave room.
Compared to other Elite dungeons, DCS has a moderate amount of parkour and a high amount of zombie content. This dungeon is generally harder than other elites such as Paluster Shrine or Frostbain Catacombs. Due to the design of this dungeon, players cannot be carried through the parkour, and must individually complete it. Rooms such as the Spire room are fatal without Feather Falling boots, and failing the iron bar parkour is certain death without a fire resistance potion.
It's highly recommended to have an experienced player lead new players into this dungeon, as it's almost impossible to figure out the dungeon going in blind.
|Number of Chests:||27|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 5 - Elite Dungeon of Earth|
|Zombie Content:||Unbelievably High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Parkour Content:||Very High|
|Puzzle/Trap Content:||Very High|
|Other Requirements:||Bows and Arrows, Junk Items|
|Elite Legendary Items||2|
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Desert Canyon Sanctuary Elite Legendaries
- 4 Video Walkthrough
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 5.1 Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.2 Section A
- 5.3 Section B
- 5.4 Section C (After A and B)
- 5.4.1 Cavern Parkour Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.4.2 Split Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 5.4.3 Oasis Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.4.4 Tightrope over Lava Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.4.5 Mob Run Room (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.4.6 Wave Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 5.4.7 Boss Room (Difficulty: 9/10)
- 5.4.8 Boss Room Exit (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.4.9 Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 5.4.10 Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Lore
- 8 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
- 3 dungeon_tier_4
- 4 food_common
- Loot Room
- 20 dungeon_tier_5
Desert Canyon Sanctuary Elite Legendaries
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Walk under the great arch to enter the dungeon's instance.
- From there, walk up the stairs, align with the water below, and jump down.
- This fall is unsurvivable without combining a variety of special items. Do not miss the water.
- It is possible to jump from a lower point on the staircases to the large pillars, then onto the fence surrounding the drop. This is about 2 seconds faster than taking the stairs.
- It's recommended that the group taking Section A continues first.
Note: Section A and B must be completed to continue!
Room A1 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Stand on the pressure plate straight ahead on the left side and go through the revealed path. There are many zombie and pigman spawners, so be quick.
Room A2 (Difficulty: 7/10)
- Here, there will be parkour over lava with some moderate difficulty jumps. Most are fatal if failed, however, there is a ladder to climb up in the far corner of the room at the hardest jump. Complete the parkour. Once finished, look for a button on a wooden pillar on the ceiling. Shooting it will open up the next room.
- It is recommended to shoot this button while still a few jumps away from finishing the parkour - the ending platform with the door is within the radius of several pigman spawners. Furthermore, players should wait for Side B to almost be done with their side before continuing.
Room A3 (Difficulty: 5/10)
- This is just a small corridor with many zombie spawners and cobwebs. Run through it and throw an item on the pressure plate at the back of the hallway, being wary of getting hit by pigmen and getting stuck. From here, wait for Group B to continue. Both groups need to place an item on their plate to advance.
Note: Section A and B must be completed to continue!
Room B1 (Difficulty: 3/10)
- Stand on the pressure plate straight ahead on the south side and go through the revealed path. There are many zombie and pigman spawners, so be quick.
Room B2 (Difficulty: 7/10)
- Here, there is a rather elaborate coal block maze with many zombie spawners. Navigate through it and throw an item on the pressure plate at the end. Continue along with Group A. There are many zombie and pigman spawners in here. Getting lost will drain potions and likely result in death. Memorize the maze before entering.
Section C (After A and B)
Cavern Parkour Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- This is a large parkour room that takes place in a canyon. It contains jumps that are almost certainly fatal if failed, and it is highly recommended to have Feather Falling boots. Complete the parkour to continue.
- Even with Feather falling boots, a fall from the near top is fatal. However, full pristine chain + feather falling boots will save a fall even from the very top, landing a player on the bottom on one heart.
Split Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- This is a mostly puzzle-based room that requires the group to split up and go two ways. Have at least one person go in the left (meteor) side, run past pigmen spawners, jump in the lava at the furthest point in the room (there is a sign pointing where the player should jump), and throw an item on the pressure plate. Once they do this, an exit for them will open and they must sprint back to the main room.
- Likewise, send at least one person into the right room, consisting of many skeleton skulls. Press the stone button behind a wither skeleton skull to be teleported. Throw an item on the pressure plate, and press the WOODEN button to get teleported back into the intersection. This must be done for a total of three buttons. Pressing the wither skull button in the small rooms spawn a pigman.
- When all three pressure plates have an item on them, a door in the room with the three skeleton skulls opens. Step on this pressure plate, and sprint back to the intersection so you and your team can proceed by going down a hallway that has opened up.
Oasis Room (Difficulty: 2/10)
- This is a small peaceful room with a water refill. Be sure to kill any zombies that have followed here from the previous section. There are also 7 chests in here which are great for restocking on food and potions. There are 5 hidden pressure plates scattered throughout. Throw an item on each and a hole will open in the middle of the lake. Go through it to continue.
- There is a crafting table in one of the huts in this room.
Tightrope over Lava Room (Difficulty: 8/10)
- Here, there is timed lava parkour involving iron bars. Shoot the button on the stalactite on the ceiling and iron bars will appear, making the parkour possible. Go onto the iron bars, as the area in front of the bars will disappear slowly. While doing the parkour, fire charges will be shooting at the player. Complete the parkour and continue to the next room.
- The entrance to the parkour will close after a few seconds, yet the door at the end will not. As long as everybody in the group is attempting the parkour when the timer runs out, they will be able to continue.
- Be careful of the cobweb jumps. Jumping too early means falling down the cobwebs.
- To do it safely, wait until all 5 waves of fireballs have passed, then do the parkour without a time constraint. Wait on the iron bars near the beginning.
- Don't fall into the 1x1 lava holes while heading to the next room!
Mob Run Room (Difficulty: 6/10)
- This room is a simple sprint to the other end. It is littered with 1x1 lava holes and zombie pigman spawners, so be quick. From there, do the lava parkour on the other side, being careful of any pigmen as they can swim in the lava. At the end, jump into the hole on the right. The hole on the left leads into a deadly lava pit.
Wave Room (Difficulty: 7/10)
- This is a wave room with 5 waves, the first four consisting of many zombies and the last one consisting of many pigmen. When done with the Wave Room, there is an easy parkour challenge that leads to the Boss Room.
- The easiest way to do this room is by having one person attracting all zombies and then using a grenade.
Boss Room (Difficulty: 9/10)
- There will be a large room with a lava pit in the middle. Press the button on the iron block to begin. From there, obtain a "cannon round" (TNT Block) from one of the 3 droppers scattered around the room, starting with the left, then the right, then the back. Once the cannon round is picked up, throw it into the hopper and TNT will fall from the ceiling clockwise. The TNT will do no damage to players or zombies, so be wary of being pulled into the pit. Repeat this for 7 more waves, each longer than the last.
- Collect the 9th TNT, throw it into the hopper, and enjoy the firework and the sounds which symbolize that the Boss Room has been beaten. From there, a door on the far side of the room will open to the Boss Room Exit.
Boss Room Exit (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Enter quickly as zombies and pigmen can still follow. Once inside, there will be a button. Click it and the floor will give way beneath the player. They'll be sent into free fall and teleported before the boss room.
Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- The player will drop down into a pool of water.
- Loot the area and leave through the hallway opposite the entrance.
- There are chests on every platform, so make sure to check everywhere. The exit is on the south side, don't go there before looting all the chests.
Exit (Difficulty: 0/10)
- From here, follow the south passage out of the dungeon and make sure to pick up the legendaries on the way out.
- The player will be teleported north of the entrance.
- Congratulations on successfully beating Desert Canyon Sanctuary!
- The location seems to resemble Petra, an ancient city located in Jordan.
- The old mountain and entrance were a build submission, done by Kuffmine. Link to the Reddit post here.
- The dungeon has had three exterior renovations. The first was with stone bricks and glass, the second was with nether brick, and the third was to match the rebuild of the surrounding terrain in the Origins update. The original exterior was added back for April Fools 2018.
- Desert Canyon Sanctuary was among three elite dungeons released in the Secret Update after very long development times - along with Shrine of the Dusk and Paluster Shrine.
- There used to be a bug with the TNT in the boss room. If right clicked when held, it would be consumed and act like a Cannon Round (looted from Zerbia Depths. This will break the dungeon however.
- There is a Lore Block at the dungeon's entrance:
|Before you rests the sanctuary of Therum, goddess of Earth.|
This canyon serves as a reminder of the slow, yet powerful rage of Therum, formed over an incomprehensible amount of time.
Any who enter this sacred place besmirch the name of this vengeful goddess, who so long ago vanished from these lands.
Now these halls sit dormant, yet its secrets linger on…