Serpent's Hold is a short mini-dungeon located in Medusa Lake. The dungeon revolves around a unique puzzle mechanic in which the player moves banners to reflect light towards statues that hold items, one of which is an Emerald Shard for the Emerald Quest.
|Number of Chests:||None|
|Other Requirements:||Smite III Iron Sword (Any durability)|
|One Statue||Emerald Shard||100%|
|Every Other Statue||Iron Sword
|Potion of Instant Health II||42.85%|
|Splash Potion of Instant Health II||14.28%|
Reflection Puzzle (Difficulty: 2/10)
- Drop a smite III sword onto the dark prismarine block with particles on it, this will start the puzzle, this sword will be consumed.
- A green stream of particles will start flowing from the main statue at the middle of the dungeon, to get items from the dungeon, the player must reflect this stream of particles using banners placed throughout the dungeon to hit statues.
- There are two banner types, green and red banners.
- Green banners will reflect the stream in whatever direction they are facing with no vertical change.
- Red banners will reflect the stream in whatever direction they are facing and make the stream go downwards.
- To reflect the stream, the player may move any banner on top of a cobblestone wall that is free-standing (not attached to a wall). You may only move the cobblestone wall onto andesite blocks, this denotes the movable area.
- Note the limitations of the walls not being able to be next to another block, even another cobblestone wall from a different banner, this is to prevent soft-locking where the player pushes a banner into a spot where it can't be moved out.
- Green banners will always direct the stream in the way they are facing and it is NOT required that the stream hits the front of the banner as one might think.
- To get an item from a statue, it's best to work your way back from the statue as there are usually only one or two banners that can perform the final reflection to hit the statue.
- There is no penalty for missing a statue, making this dungeon very trial and error, with the only risk of damage being a lack of food, and some minimal parkour jumps. Even then, there are statues which hold golden apples as an emergency food and health source.
- Once the player is satisfied with their items they may choose to leave at any time, they may either logout or exit from the same location they entered from.