The Library of Axis Mundi
The Library of Axis Mundi is a massive underground location boasting expansive knowledge about the MineZ world. It was added with the Secret Project Update and it holds some very special loot. In order to access the library the Dusk Fragment from Shrine of the Dusk, the Dawn Fragment from Path of Light and the Rod of Reclamation from Overgrown Tomb have to be obtained in advance. The Library of Axis Mundi is generally regarded as the current end-game location of MineZ.
|Number of Buildings:||1|
|Number of Chests:||14|
|Risk of Bandits:||Very Low|
|Axis Mundi Loot|
|Axis Mundi Chests||14|
|Path of the Eclipsed|
|Old Gnawed Bone||✘
|Eye of Darkness||✘
|Rod of Reclamation||✘
- 1 Loot Chests
- 2 Travel Advisory/Warnings
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Lore
- 4.1 Lore Blocks
- 4.2 Lore Books
- 4.2.1 The Library - Saros
- 4.2.2 Creation - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.3 Humanity - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.4 Blessed - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.5 Sight - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.6 Cleansed - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.7 Regret - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.8 Dangerous Tool - Scribe of Hestril
- 4.2.9 The Gift - Scribe of Hestril
- 5 Gallery
- Bottom Floor
- 10 axis_library
- Top Floor
- 4 axis_library
- After throwing the three keys into the three hoppers, the door to Axis Mundi will open and the entrance will only stay open for 30 seconds.
- To obtain the Eclipsed Seal, step on the emerald block by the dispenser on the west side of the Library.
- This location contains no food, so be sure to bring enough and to avoid sprinting while inside the library.
- While there are water fountains inside, they cannot be used to refill water. Make sure to bring plenty of water bottles.
- It is possible to fish for water bottles in the fountains with a fishing rod.
- Natural zombie spawns are rare inside but be careful of trapped chests.
- To exit, go through a hole in the bookshelves on the north side of the ground floor, and press a stone button on the wall to open the exit door. Drop down onto carpet-covered slime blocks, then follow the tunnel to the surface.
- Whenever players enter the Library of Axis Mundi they typically bring large groups of up to twenty players on average. Be wary of looting the Library of Axis Mundi on public servers if another group has recently visited.
- Players encountered here will typically be non-aggressive, but be careful of bandits that may be camping the exit of the location.
- On the top level of the library, there is a hole in the glass. make sure to not fall in it as the fall is fatal.
- Be on the lookout for Forsakens as they can spawn in here. Logging out and back in should despawn it.
- Upon the release of the Tome Update, there was a bug where the Seal of Space could be used to teleport inside the Library of Axis Mundi without needing any of the keys. This is why the button door was added to the exit of the Library.
- The Library of Axis Mundi is the only place to get books enchanted with Smite and Sharpness. These essentially serve as swords without a durability bar, and cannot be used to enchant other weapons with Sharpness or Smite.
- The Secret Project iteration of this location required at least 7 players to step on pressure plates simultaneously for the Eclipsed Seal.
- The Library of Axis Mundi was closed for an extensive period of time between the Pre-Origins Update and the Origins Update.
- This location was widely considered the "lore endgame" by players before the release of Origins.
- Axis Mundi is believed to be the world center or the connection between Heaven and Earth in certain beliefs and philosophies, which ties into the Lore of MineZ where Axis Mundi served as the connection between the human world and Hestril's domain. It can also be found in cultures with technically advanced "urban centers".
- The strange symbols on the walls in the library correspond to the runic alphabet.
- Ruins of Axis Mundi can be seen on the surface, and look down a glass skylight into the library.
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (477, 131, -3873).
|How to tie your shoes|
You wanna learn how to tie your shoes?
It's a very easy thing to do.
Just sit down and I'll give you the scoop...
What's that, you think to yourself?
It's called the loop-de-loop.
You put a lace in each hand.
You go over and under again, take your loop-de-loop and pull and your shoes are looking coolǃ
- The lore block is located at the easternmost point of the second floor at (626, 139, -3837).
|Escape Rooms ̥ Youː A Guide|
You've done it again, you're stuck in a roomǃ
No worries. Keep an ear to the wall from start to finish.
The light ahead of you will lead you to the endǃ
- The lore block is located by the dinosaur statues on the east side of the second floor at (589, 139, -3837).
|These creatures are unlike any you have seen before.|
- The lore block is located at the westernmost point of the second floor at (455, 139, -3837).
|Here, buried beneath layers of time, lies the great library of Axis Mundi, the ancient city created by Hestril.|
This mythical city was the focal point of the world, through which all magic flowed. Under Hestril's careful tenure life blossomed from this point, and it was here that sages and oracles alike communed with the gods.
Yet, when Hestril was sealed his tether and his influence was cut. His magic that once wove an elaborate tapestry through the land was now lost, and this great city went with it - crumbling into the earth.
As the world grew more chaotic, this library alone was spared, its knowledge being preserved.
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf on the second floor at (565, 144, -3803).
|The Art of Banditing.|
Step 1ː Don't speak of Banditing.
The Library - Saros
- The lore block is located by the exit door at (523, 116, -3882).
|Tales go deep as time itself.|
The oldest of these sits in Axis Mundi.
Creation - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (562, 121, -3866).
|In the beginning there was one, and he was known as Hestril; his brilliance shining forward into the empty void. Light rushed forward, pockmarking the black nothingness and at last the universe and its host of stars came to be.|
Yet this creation was empty - merely a blank slate with no authors.
Humanity - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (536, 131, -3805).
|Formed by Therum and given life to be Agni, humanity rose from the fresh earth.|
Humanity was created and placed upon it - to rule over all other earthly creations.
Blessed - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (520, 131, -3866).
|Those blessed with Hestril's grace took this gift and fashioned for themselves a city larger than any man-made city yet, isolated in the jungles of thee east - Agni Ignis.|
On each cardinal direction, a statue to the gods that had given us life and, in the center, to hold us all - Hestril.
Sight - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (497, 131, -3808).
|As humanity flourished under the guidance of the elemental gods, they expanded to all corners of the world.|
Great settlements took hold in all places but the northern lake. Hestril had reserved this space for his great city, Axis Mundi.
Cleansed - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (477, 121, -3801).
|As the sun rises, so does it set. Darkness creeps in where light can not touch.|
Humans in the darkest areas of the world twisted their gift and utilized dark magic for the first time.
Regret - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf at (458, 121, -3808).
|Hestril regretted this decision to gift this power to mankind.|
Those that had been erased in the east would just be the beginning.
Dangerous Tool - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf on the second floor at (484, 144, -3795).
|All magic leaves traces on this world.|
While the magic of the Gods is woven perfectly without flaw or emotion, human mages are inherently flawed.
The Gift - Scribe of Hestril
- The lore block is located on a bookshelf on the second floor at (495, 144, -3878).
|Those who Hestril graced could tap into the vast, flowing magic that existed in our world. In time these mages would do great and terrible things with this gift.|
Described as a connective web that held our world together, these mages could even travel near-instantly across large distances, using what they called the Tether.