The Alchemical Lab is a short, peaceful, yet complex mini-dungeon located at the back of the slums in Sirus. One can find the entrance by following the water stream in the slums all the way to its source. The dungeon revolves entirely around a unique puzzle mechanic in which the player runs between various crafting stations, trying to make ingredients for a potion. This potion is the Acid Vial legendary, which is both a useful tool in its own right and a prerequesite to acquire the Sirus Emerald Shard for the Emerald Quest. The Acid Vial is the only obtainable item here - there are no chests. If you do not need one, coming here is a wasted trip.
|Number of Chests:||None|
|Dungeon Type:||Underground Laboratory|
|Acid Vial||Right click to throw the potion and cover the ground in acid. When inside the acid, armor and weapons take heavy durability damage. Zombies take heavy damage and are permanently slowed.|
A rough, but in-depth tutorial with live commentary in english.
Introduction (Difficulty: 1/10)
- This first room is designed to show the player how the mechanics that form the backbone of the puzzle work.
- At the piles of items to your right, punch the slime and coal head-blocks to pick up one sludge item and one coal item.
- Throw the sludge onto the oak log at "Slime Processing" and punch it repeatedly to obtain a slime ball.
- Some players have broken this mechanic by clicking too quickly, making the dungeon unbeatable. Playing in versions where CPS is capped at 10 (1.13+) should prevent this.
- Throw the coal into the forge on the opposite side of the room.
- Throw the slime ball onto the oak log at "Pressure Boiler" to obtain a gut sack after some time.
- Throw the gut sack onto the oak log at "Gut Sack Processing" to obtain Caustic Bile.
- Throw the bile at the granite rocks to destroy them and advance to the real challenge.
- The following lore book is found on the shelves in the center of the main dungeon (located past the tutorial area) at (32, 86, 30) :
Research Notes - Hemlock
- The following lore book is also found on the shelves in the center of the main dungeon, though instead at (33, 84, 39) :
Travelers - Hemlock
|A woman passed through in the last few days, asking for information on travelers passing through. I've brought her in and and talked with her.|
She described two people she's searching for, and any information on them.