Shrine of the Dusk
Shrine of the Dusk is the Elite Dungeon of Darkness, representing the God Dentril. Dentril's Legendary Set and the first key to The Library of Axis Mundi can be obtained here.
|Number of Chests:||64|
|Dungeon Type:||Tier 5 - Elite Dungeon of Darkness|
|Zombie Content:||Very High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Parkour Content:||Very High|
|Puzzle/Trap Content:||Unbelievably High|
|Other Requirements:||Bow and Arrows, Night Time in-game|
|Elite Legendary Items||2|
|Path of the Eclipsed|
|Old Gnawed Bone||✘
|Eye of Darkness||✘
|Rod of Reclamation||✘
- 1 Dungeon Chest Loot
- 2 Loot Chests
- 3 Legendary Items
- 4 Video Walkthrough
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 5.1 Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.2 Crumbled Helia (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.3 Trial of Fire (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.4 Crumbled Helia Sewers (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 5.5 Trials Lobby (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.6 Trial of Water (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.7 Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.8 Trial of Air (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.9 Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 5.10 Trial of Earth (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.11 Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 5.12 Hall of Shadows (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.13 Boss Room - Elemental Seals and the Heart of Dentril (Difficulty: 10/10)
- 5.14 Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 5.15 Exiting (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Lore
- 8 Gallery
Dungeon Chest Loot
- Loot Room
- 40 dungeon_tier_5
If the entrance to the Cathedral is open, the dungeon can be attempted, no matter if the redstone lamp outside is unlit or not.
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Make sure everyone is inside the cathedral.
- Drink the water from the cauldron and jump through the hole in the middle.
Crumbled Helia (Difficulty: 4/10)
- Once your team has dropped into the water, send a person down the hole in the east room and have them press the button inside.
- The button will open an exit to the room and open the west door for everyone else.
- The whole tunnel is infested with zombies, so advance swiftly.
- Continue through the tunnel until you reach the open area, where one person will go left and one will go right. These people will have to push the buttons on the iron blocks at the same time in order to open the gate into Helia.
- Have everyone enter Helia and find a spot where they will be safe. The button in the middle of the room spawns a Giant which must be killed to advance.
- Once the Giant is dead, the glass floor will be shattered by a falling stalactite. Dropping down into the hole will teleport you to the next area.
Trial of Fire (Difficulty: 4/10)
- The teleport will take you to a balcony overlooking a large room. Make sure your entire team has been teleported before proceeding
- Pressing the button above the doorway across from the balcony will spawn a Departed Shadow in the middle of the room. It appears as a cloud of smoke and is extremely deadly, making it advisable to have bows drawn for when it spawns.
- Once the Shadow is killed, the doorway will slowly burn down. Enter and press the button, opening the Trial of Fire for your team.
- Across from the entrance, there are four wooden buttons on the wall. Each must be activated at the same time, spawning zombies from each of the four pillars and closing off the entrance. To exit, all of the zombies must be killed.
- After exiting back into the main room, have a person enter the newly opened door opposite of the Trial entrance. The person will need to push the stone button and quickly leave the room, as the dispensers will shoot arrows and spawn zombies after some time.
- Pushing the button opens up a new door on the balcony which leads to Helia Sewers. Make sure your entire team is present, as the button to open the Sewers door closes the door to the tunnel.
Crumbled Helia Sewers (Difficulty: 7/10)
- Your team will need to proceed to the opposite end of the room and drop down into the sewers.
- Head to the end of the room opposite of the entrance and drop down into the sewers.
- Keep dropping down until you are in a large water pool, then turn around and head through the hallway behind the waterfall. Wait for your entire team at the iron blocks before continuing.
- Drop down and press the button, opening the entrance to the maze.
- The maze exit is placed randomly in one of five places, hidden behind numerous twists and turns covered by paintings. High amounts of zombies will constantly spawn, draining potions and armor durability until the exit is found.
- The general rule to find the exit is to follow the direction skeleton skulls are looking. If an intersection has wither skeleton skulls and no skeleton skull, continue straight.
- Wither skeleton skulls are present to help find the exit. They are located in intersections along the correct pathway.
- The exit will look like a drop into coal blocks. Falling into it will not give you fall damage, and will teleport you to the Trials lobby.
Trials Lobby (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Walk through the open gate, and examine the example puzzle for the Trial of Water. Pressing a button on a colored wool block will make that wool disappear, and pressing the button on the iron block will drop water from the ceiling,
- Time the button presses correctly in order to let water flow to the end of each puzzle.
- Once both puzzles are beaten at the same time, a teleport into the Trial will open.
Trial of Water (Difficulty: 4/10)
- The Trial of Water contains four separate puzzles, each based on the same mechanic as the example puzzle.
- Pressing the buttons on the colored wool in front of the walls will cause that color to disappear from each puzzle. Press them in the right order and time to allow the water to flow to the bottom of the puzzle, completing it.
- After completing a puzzle, each dispenser around the room will spawn two zombies / pigmen. After all four are complete, everyone in the room will be teleported back to the Trials lobby.
Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- A new pathway leading to a small room with two wooden buttons plates will now be open. It is recommended only two people proceed, the rest of your team waiting in the lobby.
- Activating each button at the same time will close the door to the room, along with randomly spawning zombies and arrows out of the wall. * Staying in the center should prevent zombies from noticing you and arrows from hitting you.
- After all zombies are killed, a teleport into the Trial will open. Once through, this will drop you down into the Trial of Air.
Trial of Air (Difficulty: 6/10)
- You will be dropped onto a 5 x 5 platform, containing four stone pressure plates that each signify a direction.
- The plates control the 3 x 3 platform near the main one, which moves in the direction of the plate stood on.
- In each corner of the room, there are platforms that must be activated by standing on them. Control the smaller platform to an area that will allow you to jump to them.
- If the smaller platform is carried directly underneath the rough andesite blocks, it will spawn a zombie in the center of the main platform.
- Once all platforms are activated, a door opens up. Move the small platform so that the door may be reached. A stone pressure plate in front of it creates a pathway for the player which controlled the main platform.
- Past the door is a room with two stone buttons. Pressing both at the same time will reveal a teleport back to the Trial lobby.
- If you do not happen to make it back to the main area in time, a stone button in the hallway will teleport you to it.
Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 5/10)
- The next Trial is difficult parkour, and everyone must make it through to proceed through the dungeon.
- Proceed through the new pathway, and press the stone button. It will spawn timed parkour over lava that must be crossed, along with closing the gate to the trials lobby.
- Once crossed, press the button on the wall. It will spawn a TNT which will then explode, dealing significant damage to players nearby and reveals the Trial of Earth.
Trial of Earth (Difficulty: 8/10)
- The Trial features parkour over lava, where failing is almost always fatal.
- The path for the parkour is linear, with some platforms having player detectors on them. There are three of them, all of which need to be activated simultaneously. You are able to see the progress by looking at the lamps above the entrance.
- Once all three player detectors are activated simultaneously, a blockade will break, allowing you to proceed.
- Proceed through the doorway and drop down into the pit at the end. This will teleport you back to the trial lobby.
Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 0/10)
- A new pathway will open up once players complete the Trial of Earth. Press the buttons at the end to be teleported to the Hall of Shadows.
Hall of Shadows (Difficulty: 8/10)
- This room features moderately challenging parkour in order to collect four ‘Sealing Skulls’.
- Once you have collected all four, gather your group by the enchantment table under Dentril’s claws and drop them in one at a time. After all of them are dropped in, you will see a message from each god in the chat and be teleported into the boss room shortly after.
- The player doing this will need to have a bow and arrows.
- Climb the pillar to your immediate left in the second row.
- Once you are at the top, shoot the button inside the pillar. It will open a way in.
- Fall down into the water at the bottom, and press the stone pressure plate at the bottom. Doing so will spawn a pigman in the room, drop a Sealing Skull, and open a way out.
- This pillar features the last water refill before exiting the dungeon.
- Climb the pillar to the immediate left in the first row.
- Once the parkour ends, jump into the hole in the side of the pillar. Press the stone button on the dispenser inside, which will then drop a Sealing Skull.
- Climb the pillar on the right in the fourth row.
- Once you are able to, parkour onto the wall with vines going up to the ceiling. Follow these and drop down onto Dentril’s Claw.
- Once you are on the claw, head above the seal, and drop into the area with flames in front of the dispenser.
- Pressing the button on the dispenser will dispense a Sealing Skull. Make sure you grab it before dropping back down.
- Climb the pillar on the right in the third row.
- You can also drop onto the top from Dentril’s claw if you would rather take a similar route to the third skull.
- In the room at the top, there is a stone button that will spawn dangerous splash potions and the final Sealing Skull. Press it while walking out of the room to avoid the potions.
Boss Room - Elemental Seals and the Heart of Dentril (Difficulty: 10/10)
- This room will require teamwork and skill to complete. It is best to plan who does what before starting.
- The teleport places you in the middle of the room with the boss active. Quickly kill the zombies and get situated.
- On each side of the room below the large statues, there are dispensers that fire wither skulls. In front of these on the floor, there are redstone lamps. When a lamp lights up, it means wither skulls will shoot out soon.
- Near the middle, there are four golden pressure plates. Standing on one will put up a temporary wall, blocking the wither skulls.
- A zombie will spawn from each of the 4 dispensers near the middle every 10 seconds. Make sure to take them out quickly, as they can disrupt other tasks.
- To progress through the boss room, the stone pressure plates in the middle of the room must be stood on. The golden pressure plates must be used to block the wither skeleton skulls from hitting the player on the stone pressure plates.
- After some time of blocking skulls and killing zombies, either Therum, Pluvia, Simoon, or Agni will tell you to reactivate their seal.
- To reactive their seal, someone must parkour to the top of their respective statue and press a button on the back of its head. To make the parkour appear, stand on the stone pressure plate which appears on the god’s color in one of the corners.
- While standing on the plate, pigmen will start spawning from the stone slabs nearby. This will make it hard to stay on for long. It is recommended the parkourer goes one section at a time, however a well - prepared team should be able to guard without stopping.
- Once the button has been pressed, the parkourer has to come back down, and the cycle must be repeated for the next three gods. Each cycle will take longer than the last, a timer being in the form of redstone lamps on the respective statue.
- After all seals have been reactivated, the next cycle will spawn a piston in the middle. A player will have to enter Dentril’s heart and press three stone buttons scattered throughout it. Once they are all pressed, the boss is defeated and a staircase to the loot room appears.
- A button inside the statue at the top of the staircase will teleport you to the loot room.
Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Collect your 40 dungeon_tier_5 chests and two legendary prizes.
- If you have an Eye of Darkness from Eclipsed Ruins, you may throw it in the hopper to claim the guaranteed Dusk Fragment.
Exiting (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Go to the back of the balcony and press the button to open the door to a cave area.
- There will be another button that lets you out into the canyons near Abandoned Farm.
- Congratulations, you have beaten Shrine of the Dusk!
- It was released as part of the Secret Project Update on August 15th, 2015.
- The above-ground structure has gone through many changes; the first time they remodeled it, the second time they placed it on a hill, the third time the surrounding plateau was remodeled, and the fourth time they removed the hill.
- The MineZ 2 location Helia is buried under Shrine of the Dusk.
- The dungeon was updated for the Pre-Origins Update, remodeling many of the rooms along with making the boss room significantly harder.
- The dungeon was updated a second time for the Re-Code Update, again having many rooms remodeled and changed to be more challenging.
- The legendary potion has a decreased chance to drop in order to make room for the Dusk Fragment.
- It is one of two locations to feature a Departed Shadow, the other being Asindia Ruins.
- There used to be a skull in the Trial of Air that, when clicked, would make the dispenser above it drop a bread.
- Throughout the dungeon, heads of multiple builders can be found. These include halowars91, Robertthegoat, Aoife, and JACOBSMILE.
- There are several Lore Blocks in this dungeon.
|Here, alone on this plateau lies the mysterious cathedral Shrine of the Dusk. Adorned with the phases of the moon this strange cathedral seems to pull you towards it. Though its purpose has been forgotten, many legends remain about its construction and the symbol it holds…|
|Miner's Log: During the Construction of this church, we found...something.|
The Rock here, it's not...it's different. We will go deeper.
|Miner's Log: We've ventured deeper into this cave. It's becoming harder to continue|
We've had disappearances as well.
|One of the miner's is becoming obsessed.... with something.|
He mutters endlessly... "The hands of him, they draw me closer, pull me towards him."
He's decided to sleep in the dark....
|That miner, he went crazy saying we should never have entered this cave.|
He tried to kill us, before taking his own life...
On a side note, the air. It's different here.
|The other miner went crazy. He ran into the darkness.|
I'm hearing whispers. They're oddly comforting.
|His Hands draw me closer.|
They pull me closer to him.
He...Ordered me to do it.
I... Didn't want to, but he told me to.
|....There....is ONLY darkness now.|
I go willingly into the Heart of Darkness.
|It started a few days ago.|
A massive eruption that ripped the continent into pieces.
Then, the sky crumbled
The stars fell from the heavens to join us, and finally, the earth swallowed us whole.
|Some of the refugees have fled to the cathedral, hoping it would give them solace.|
We are all doomed.
|As the sky crumbles, I can only hope some of us will make it.|
|These books all seem to be written in ancient runes.|
Does anyone here read runes?
|The History of Canada|
|You can't seem to make out the text on any of these books.|
They seem to be very old!
|These books contain a wonderful recipe for pumpkin pie.|
I'll save this for later.
|Construction of the Shrine of the Dusk was started 15 years after the foundation of Al Hasa.|
Massive quantities of stone was pulled from the Al Hasa Quarry.
|Documentation of similar findings were recovered from multiple mines.|
Similar to rocks accumulating over time, there appears to be large scale ruins everywhere.
Some books were even recovered from these mines.
|A Beginner's Guide to Necromancy.|
Step 1: Acquire multiple dead bodies.
Step 2: Put in the eggs. Ahhhh, you can smell it already.
You decide to put the book down...
|This Book seems to be recovered from a town called Helia.|
You flip the pages.
The book seems to be in bad condition.
Yet, you make out the name Hestril.
Look into this.
|Recovery of skeletons from multiple excavation sites have yielded odd findings.|
Bite marks on ancient skeletons dating thousands of years old, and....very odd skeletons as well.
Nothing like we've ever seen.
For a further analysis, flip to page 44.
|A Beginners guide to Goats|
Goats are social animals.
Goats are very intelligent and curious animals.
Goats have excellent coordination.
Goats are the natural enemy of little ponies.
|This book seems to be a guide to building better trees.|
You know they won't be good though.
It is said, that before all else, he existed.
Bound by nothing, Hestril, presided over the infinite expanse.
From the darkness, he created the infinite cosmos. From himself, he created the stars.
From himself, have gave life to 4 others: Gods of all elements.
Agni, God and Goddess over the flames of life.
Simoon, God of the wind.
Therum, Goddess of earth.
Pluvia, God of water and wisdom.
|Concerning Hestril - Continued
Together, they created the Earth, and all of it's wonders.
However, in doing this Hestril became corrupted.
By creating the 4, he himself developed a split personality.
Wherever there is light, there must always be darkness.
And so Dentril became the God of darkness.
The two personalities became rampant and unpredictable.
Because of this, the 4 had to seal the two personalities away.
|Concerning Hestril - The Conclusion|
Once the two were sealed, the balance of light and darkness reached an equilibrium.
The entities were sealed in separate location, The mind and body of both, split.
Never to return.
Should either be unsealed without the other, the fragile balance will be broken...
*Throw an item through the frame to the left*
|This is the Hall of Shadows.|
If you let your gaze drift upwards you will see it.
The petrified Claws of Dentril, God of Darkness.
You will need to find 3 sealing skulls if you are to proceed.
But be warned!
By doing so, you may unleash a terrifying evil upon the land.
|The four Gods sealed Hestril's alter ego, Dentril here with a 4 pronged seal.|
If the seal is is broken the balance of light and darkness will be disrupted...
However, to progress, you might have to remove the seal!
To undo the seal, collect the 4 sealing skulls and drop them onto the table.