Coastal is the first map that was in rotation for the Annihilation alpha. Each team gets their own island with a large pile of logs, two Iron mines, two Coal mines, a Gold mine, Redstone mine and an Emerald mine. Once Phase 3 starts, diamonds start to spawn at the center of the map and the witch spawns. (Look on the map for locations) Melons and wheat can be found in a farm area near you team's spawn. Each team's Nexus Tower is marked with a colored star. You can find the Nexus by going down the stairs inside the tower to the bottom; it is an end stone block connected by a nether brick fence. A high level enchanting table can be found in the Nexus room, a low level enchanting table can be found at the top of the Nexus Tower, use these to enchant your gear.
The Red/Yellow and Blue/Green islands are connected via a bridge. Brewing and Weapons shops can be found near the starting area and inside the ground floor of the Nexus Tower. The area in and around the Nexus Tower is protected from block breaking and placing. Also, there are anvils in the waterfall of the red and blue team. The Ender Furnace is located in the closest of the wool stalls near the Nexus Tower.
- Go Miner, get yourself 1 stack of gold and smelt it in your Ender Furnace. Change to Assassin and craft a golden pickaxe. If you're all set, you can sneak into an enemy base and do some serious damage.
- Start with Miner and mine enough iron for a full set. Change to Enchanter and get yourself level 30. Enchant a bow, sword or a pickaxe. When you're geared up, change class to Acrobat or Iceman and try to dominate mid.
- Start with Lumberjack and destroy the bridges that connect the towers. Try to flatten your base and change to Builder to make a wall to make it harder for the enemies to get into your base.
- The map is pretty flat, so a mobility class can come in very handy!
- Coastal has a lot of water, take that advantage and go with Iceman.
- If your nexus is under attack by players with heavy gear. Try to go in with Immobilizer, Mercenary or Warrior.