Shrine of the Dusk
|This page currently has missing or incorrect information.
Please help by providing any info you can.
Shrine of the Dusk is the Elite Dungeon of Darkness, representing the God Dentril. Dentril's Legendary Set and the first key to The Library of Axis Mundi can be obtained here.
|Number of Chests:||??|
|Dungeon Type:||Main Story Elite Dungeon of Darkness|
|Zombie Content:||Very High - Zombie and Zombie Pigmen Spawners|
|Parkour Content:||Very High|
|Puzzle/Trap Content:||Unbelievably High|
|Other Requirements:||Bow and Arrows, Night Time in-game|
Inside The Shrine
Inside The Dungeon
|Axis Mundi Keys|
|Rod of Reclamation||✘|
- 1 Loot Chests
- 2 Legendary Items
- 3 Shrine of the Dusk Elite Legendaries
- 4 Video Walkthrough
- 5 Text Walkthrough
- 5.1 Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.2 Crumbled Helia (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.3 Trial of Fire (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.4 Crumbled Helia Sewers (Difficulty: 7/10)
- 5.5 Trials Lobby (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.6 Trial of Water (Difficulty: 4/10)
- 5.7 Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- 5.8 Trial of Air (Difficulty: 6/10)
- 5.9 Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 5/10)
- 5.10 Trial of Earth (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.11 Eclipse Library (Difficulty: 1/10)
- 5.12 Hall of Shadows (Difficulty: 8/10)
- 5.13 Boss Room - Elemental Seals and the Heart of Dentril (Difficulty: 10/10)
- 5.14 Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 5.15 Exiting (Difficulty: 0/10)
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Lore
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Speed Run Times
- Crumbled Helia
- 1 mil_rare
- Trial of Fire
- 1 pots_uncommon?
- Helia Sewers
- Northern House
- 1 mil_epic?
- Northeastern Tent
- 1 mil_uncommon?
- Second Tent from the Northeast
- 1 mil_epic?
- Northwestern Tent
- 1 mil_uncommon?
- Second Tent from the Northwest
- 1 mil_rare?
- Western Tent
- 1 mil_rare
- Eastern House
- 1 mil_epic?
- 1 mil_uncommon?
- Southern House
- 3 mil_rare?
- 1 mil_uncommon?
- Northern House
- Loot Room
- 20 dungeon_rare
Shrine of the Dusk Elite Legendaries
If the entrance to the Cathedral is open, the dungeon can be attempted, no matter if the redstone lamp outside is unlit or not.
Entrance (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Make sure everyone is inside the cathedral and it is night.
- Drink the water from the cauldron and jump through the hole in the middle of the overcast moon.
- If it is not night when you drink the water, you will have to restart the instance.
Crumbled Helia (Difficulty: 4/10)
- Once your team has dropped into the water, send a person down the hole in the east room and have them press the button inside.
- The button will open an exit to the room and open the west door for everyone else.
- The whole tunnel is infested with zombies and pigmen, so advance swiftly.
- Continue through the tunnel until you reach the open area, where one person will go left and one will go right. These people will have to push the buttons on the purpur blocks at the same time in order to open the gate into Helia.
- Have everyone enter Helia and find a spot where they will be safe. The button in the middle of the room spawns a Giant which must be killed to advance.
- Once the Giant is dead, the glass floor will be shattered by a falling stalactite. Dropping down into the hole will teleport you to the next area.
Trial of Fire (Difficulty: 4/10)
- The teleport will take you to a balcony overlooking a large room. Make sure your entire team has been teleported before proceeding
- Pressing the button above the doorway across from the balcony will spawn a Departed Shadow in the middle of the room. It appears as a cloud of smoke and is extremely deadly, making it advisable to have bows drawn for when it spawns.
- Once the Shadow is killed, the doorway will slowly burn down. Enter and press the button, opening the Trial of Fire for your team. The Trial will only remain open briefly, so enter quick.
- Across from the entrance, there are four wooden buttons on the wall. Each must be activated at the same time, spawning zombies from each of the four pillars. To exit, all of the zombies must be killed.
- After exiting back into the main room, have a person enter the newly opened door opposite of the Trial entrance. The person will need to push the stone button and quickly leave the room, as the dispensers will shoot arrows and spawn zombies after some time.
- Pushing the button opens up a new door on the balcony which leads to Helia Sewers. Make sure your entire team is present, as the button to open the Sewers door closes the door to the tunnel.
Crumbled Helia Sewers (Difficulty: 7/10)
- Your team will need to proceed to the opposite end of the room and drop down into the sewers.
- Head to the end of the room opposite of the entrance and drop down into the sewers.
- Keep dropping down until you are in a large water pool, then turn around and head through the hallway behind the waterfall. Wait for your entire team at the iron blocks before continuing.
- Drop down and press the button, opening the entrance to the maze.
- The maze exit is placed randomly in one of five places, hidden behind numerous twists and turns covered by paintings. High amounts of zombies will constantly spawn, draining potions and armor durability until the exit is found.
- Wither skeleton skulls are present to help find the exit. They are located in intersections and look in the direction you need to go.
- The exit will look like a drop into coal blocks. Falling into it will not give you fall damage, and will teleport you to the Trials lobby.
Trials Lobby (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Walk through the open gate, and examine the example puzzle for the Trial of Water. Pressing a button on a colored wool block will make that wool disappear, and pressing the button on the iron block will drop water from the ceiling,
- Time the button presses correctly in order to let water flow to the end of each puzzle.
- Once both puzzles are beat at the same time, a teleport into the Trial will open.
Trial of Water (Difficulty: 4/10)
- The Trial of Water contains four separate puzzles, each based on the same mechanic as the example puzzle.
- Pressing the buttons on the colored wool in front of the walls will cause that color to disappear from each puzzle. Press them in the right order and time to allow the water to flow to the bottom of the puzzle, completing it.
- After completing a puzzle, each dispenser around the room will spawn two zombies / pigmen. After all four are complete, everyone in the room will be teleported back to the Trials lobby.
Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 2/10)
- A new pathway leading to a small room with two wooden buttons plates will now be open. It is recommended only two people proceed, the rest of your team waiting in the lobby.
- Activating each button at the same time will close the door to the room, along with randomly spawning zombies and arrows out of the wall. * Staying in the center should prevent zombies from noticing you and arrows from hitting you.
- After some time, the glass in the middle of the floor will disappear and drop you down into the Trial of Air.
Trial of Air (Difficulty: 6/10)
- You will be dropped on to a 5 x 5 platform, containing four stone pressure plates that each signify a direction.
- The plates control the 3 x 3 platform near the main one, which moves in the direction of the plate stood on.
- In each corner of the room, there are platforms which must be activated by standing on them. Control the smaller platform to an area which will allow you to jump to them.
- If the smaller platform is carried directly underneath the rough andesite blocks, it will spawn a zombie in the center of the main platform.
- Once all platforms are activated, a door opens up. Move the small platform so that the door may be reached. A stone pressure plate in front of it creates a pathway for the player which controlled the main platform.
- Past the door is a room with two stone buttons. Pressing both at the same time will reveal a teleport back to the Trial lobby.
- If you do not happen to make it back to the main area in time, a stone button in the hallway will teleport you to it.
Trials Lobby Revisited (Difficulty: 5/10)
- The next Trial is difficult parkour, however only one person needs to go.
- Send someone through the new pathway, and have them press the stone button. It will spawn timed parkour over lava that must be crossed, along with closing the gate.
- Once they cross, have them press the button on the wall. It will spawn a harmless TNT which will then explode, revealing the Trial of Earth.
Trial of Earth (Difficulty: 8/10)
- The Trial features parkour over lava, where failing is almost always fatal.
- The path for the parkour is linear, with some jumps having a stone pressure plate on them. There are five of them, all of which need to be pressed to proceed. You are able to see the progress by looking at the lamps above the entrance.
- At the end, there will be a stone button on the wall. Pressing it will cause more harmless TNT to fall, opening up the pathway.
- Stand on the piston and press the button to be boosted into the Eclipse Library.
Eclipse Library (Difficulty: 1/10)
- Stand on the piston and press the button again, launching you into the Library.
- Go up the stairs on to the balcony, and head to the furthest away painting.
- Drop an item into the painting until you see a message in chat, indicating you can continue.
- A secret pathway will be revealed on the first floor, featuring a drop which will teleport you back into the Trials lobby.
- Have your team enter the newly opened gate, and press the wooden buttons on the door. This will teleport you to the Hall of Shadows.
Hall of Shadows (Difficulty: 8/10)
- This room features moderately challenging parkour in order to collect four ‘Sealing Skulls’.
- Once you have collected all four, gather your group by the enchantment table under Dentril’s claws and drop them in one at a time. After all of them are dropped in, you will see a message from each god in the chat and be teleported into the boss room shortly after.
- The player doing this will need to have a bow and arrows.
- Climb the pillar to your immediate left in the second row.
- Once you are at the top, shoot the button inside the pillar. It will open a way in.
- Fall down into the water at the bottom, and press the stone pressure plate at the bottom. Doing so will spawn a pigman in the room, drop a Sealing Skull, and open a way out.
- This pillar features the last water refill before exiting the dungeon.
- Climb the pillar to the immediate left in the first row.
- Once the parkour ends, jump into the hole in the side of the pillar. Press the stone button on the dispenser inside, which will then drop a Sealing Skull.
- Climb the pillar on the right in the fourth row.
- Once you are able to, parkour onto the wall with vines going up to the ceiling. Follow these and drop down onto Dentril’s Claw.
- Once you are on the claw, head above the seal, and drop into the area with flames in front of the dispenser.
- Pressing the button on the dispenser will dispense a Sealing Skull. Make sure you grab it before dropping back down.
- Climb the pillar on the right in the third row.
- You can also drop onto the top from Dentril’s claw, if you would rather take a similar route to the third skull.
- In the room at the top, there is a stone button which will spawn dangerous splash potions and the final Sealing Skull. Press it while walking out of the room to avoid the potions.
Boss Room - Elemental Seals and the Heart of Dentril (Difficulty: 10/10)
- This room will require teamwork and skill to complete. It is best to plan who does what before starting.
- The teleport places you in the middle of the room with the boss active. Quickly kill the zombies and get situated.
- On each side of the room below the large statues, there are dispensers which fire wither skulls. In front of these on the floor, there are redstone lamps. When a lamp lights up, it means wither skulls will shoot out soon.
- Near the middle, there are four golden pressure plates. Standing on one will put up a temporary wall, blocking the wither skulls.
- A zombie will spawn from the each of the 4 dispensers near the middle every 30 seconds. Make sure to take them out quickly, as they can disrupt other tasks.
- After some time of blocking skulls and killing zombies, either Therum, Pluvia, Simoon, or Agni will tell you to reactivate their seal.
- To reactive their seal, someone must parkour to the top of their respective statue and press a button on the back of its head. To make the parkour appear, stand on the stone pressure plate which appears on the god’s color in one of the corners.
- While standing on the plate, pigmen will start spawning from the stone slabs nearby. This will make it hard to stay on for long. It is recommended the parkourer goes one section at a time, however a well - prepared team should be able to guard without stopping.
- Once the button has been pressed, the parkourer has to come back down, and the cycle must be repeated for the next three gods. Each cycle will take longer than the last, a timer being in the form of redstone lamps on the respective statue.
- After all seals have been reactivated, the next cycle will spawn a piston in the middle. A player will have to enter Dentril’s heart and press three stone buttons scattered throughout it. Once they are all pressed, the boss is defeated and a staircase to the loot room appears.
- A button inside the statue at the top of the staircase will teleport you to the loot room.
Loot Room (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Collect your 20 dungeon_rare chests and two legendary prizes.
- If you have an Eye of Darkness from Eclipsed Ruins, you may throw it in the hopper to claim the guaranteed Dusk Fragment and Rod of Reclamation.
Exiting (Difficulty: 0/10)
- Go to the back of the balcony and press the button to open the door to a cave area.
- There will be another button that lets you out into the canyons near Abandoned Farm.
- Congratulations, you have beaten Shrine of the Dusk!
- It was released as part of the Secret Project Update on August 15th, 2015.
- The above ground structure has gone through many changes; the first time they remodeled it, the second time they placed it on a hill, the third time the surrounding plateau was remodeled, and the fourth time they removed the hill.
- The MineZ 2 location Helia is buried under Shrine of the Dusk.
- The dungeon was updated for the Pre-Origins Update, remodeling many of the rooms along with making the boss room significantly harder.
- The dungeon was updated a second time for the Re-Code Update, again having many rooms remodeled and changed to be more challenging.
- The legendary potion has a decreased chance to drop in order to make room for the Dusk Fragment.
- It is one of two locations to feature a Departed Shadow, the other being Asindia Ruins.
- There used to be a skull in the Trial of Air that, when clicked, would make the dispenser above it drop a bread.
- Throughout the dungeon, heads of multiple builders can be found. These include: halowars91, Robertthegoat, Aoife, and JACOBSMILE.
- There are several Lore Blocks in this dungeon.